TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I dont know if this is just me with my big ambitions and love of mustangs (and tacomas of course :D ) but Im about to start building up a 2001 ford Mustang GT...As you all know they didnt put the 5.0L in the GT so i was curious would it be smarter to swap the 4.6 out with a 5.0L or could i bore out the 4.6L to a 5.0L...Once again as the title states i may just have really big ambitions but i love the 99-04 body style and the GT is also a great platform to build off of...any suggestions??

·
Registered
553 Posts
From what I've heard and read... the 4.6 has a higher power potential than the 5.0 does... when tuned right, and built up carefully... I think the 4.6 would be a better combo than the 5.0... Maybe instead of getting it bored out, get all new internals.. lightweight everything, high lift cams and rolling rockers... the whole dealie... just my .02 (plus then you wouldn't have to spend the money on a new engine)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..actually that sounds WAY more practicle...now that you mention it that is probably the way im gonna go...thanks alot!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I could be wrong, but I didn't think you could bore out a 4.6L to be all that much bigger. Most power gains would come from a supercharger, forged innards, cams, all the goodies. 01-03 Cobras came factory forged and supercharged, build off one of those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts