TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna say thank you to Tyler and Gary for leading the "medium" group today, which i have realized there can be different definitions of "medium" for different people. Wife and i had nervously fun time. I now know what my and my truck's capabilities. The truck is much more capable than I.

That damn A trac just drives up the loose rock hill with no drama.

Thanks again. Great people, great place, great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah pretty bummed that TTORA left me behind.

Ended up doing my own OFF ROAD thing. Went from Big Bear all the way to Pioneertown. STOCK RIG. Pretty crazy spots at times. Nothing the 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD 4x4 can't handle. I was passing up JEEPS left and right.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey ST, sorry we lost you in town, we tried to wait for everyone to make that left to go to the next trail. Brandon our trail lead went back to look for you and the other white taco but didn't find you. We should have gotten your #s at the first stop. Get a CB and ham radio to add to that great looking taco.

Yeah pretty bummed that TTORA left me behind.

Ended up doing my own OFF ROAD thing. Went from Big Bear all the way to Pioneertown. STOCK RIG. Pretty crazy spots at times. Nothing the 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD 4x4 can't handle. I was passing up JEEPS left and right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Big Bear weekend with the SoCal TTORA members. Enjoyed meeting everyone and had a great time doing the easy runs. Thanks to Dawson, CJ, Patrick, Brandon and their significant other for their hospitality. Looking forward to other upcoming events.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey TTORA Big Bear Group,

Thanks for letting me join the event this weekend. It was a great time with really down to earth people. The evening festivities around "lantern fire" were most rememberable. Looking forward to future events.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah no worries. I'm already looking for good brands on CB Radios.

Any suggestions.

Budget around $150. Including antenna. Not even sure if that's a good starting price for them.

If anyone can let me know that would be great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey TTORA Big Bear Group,

Thanks for letting me join the event this weekend. It was a great time with really down to earth people. The evening festivities around "lantern fire" were most rememberable. Looking forward to future events.

Swapped out my leafs as soon as I got home today, NO MORE DRAG ASS !!!!!

Death to ALLPRO. I'll be returning these springs for a FULL refund ASAP.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Big Bear - August 13/14, 2016

Yeah no worries. I'm already looking for good brands on CB Radios.

Any suggestions.

Budget around $150. Including antenna. Not even sure if that's a good starting price for them.

If anyone can let me know that would be great.

After being around 4x4 groups for quite some time I've realized that you don't have to spend much at all on a radio for the way we use them. I wouldn't spend anymore than you have to on a CB and a lot of guys like the "firestik" antennas which are only about $15.

However, I would HIGHLY recommend a 2 meter dual band hand held radio. Amazon has them for about $30 and they work so much better than my $400 CB set up. Look for the "Baofeng" brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a great time this weekend. Went up with the medium group. Was a blast, my girl Tanya and Lea (the dog) had a great time. It was great meeting so many cool people. Till the next trip! Cant wait.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007H4VT7A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - Thats the radio I got before the trip, worked awesomely!

-Green jacket aka kalvin

Nice meeting you and tanya this weekend. I was in your group with mag gray runner.

- Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great Big Bear weekend with the SoCal TTORA members. Enjoyed meeting everyone and had a great time doing the easy runs. Thanks to Dawson, CJ, Patrick, Brandon and their significant other for their hospitality. Looking forward to other upcoming events.

Nice pics Ken!

Hand of God...
Not sure if this tapatalk video upload will work..

https://vimeo.com/178958496

I had a great time like always! Good to meet the new guys/gals/pets.. Lot of great Cruiser pics/video:grin2:
Thanks Dawson for being our trail leader of the Medium-Well Group..:shiner:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts