TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for putting on this event had a Great Time
Learned a lot
Shout out to Joe who lead our Group Thanks Joe.
Appreciate all the effort and time you put into this type of Event.

You've encouraged me to go further with MOds..
Jim Stein

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
Thanks to all that came out. It was a great event. I was leading a #1 group to Pontiac Sluice and Gold Mountain. Gold mountain was challenging, but everybody made it through both trails without issue.

I'm still going through my pics, but should have them up by tomorrow. Here are a few-

(Thats a rock flying)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks to the bicycle race in Big Bear City I was about 45 minutes late ( that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) which meant I missed the start time for my assigned group but found Sparky still assembling a rag-tag group of rigs still looking to get out on a run so I decided I'd join them instead. Sparky had decided to tackle Holcomb Creek Trail and White Mountain Trail which Holcomb in itself is a formidable trail and White is a great wind-down trail to finish with, little did we know....

We hit Holcomb 1st. starting at the Rock Garden, and for the most part had very few issues weaving our way though and over the big boulders except for one that had a shifting issue with his tcase which we won't get into >:) let's just say it was quickly fixed once his wife noticed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
From there we pretty much knocked out the trail all the way to the creek crossing Rock Garden where we found several good sized groups waiting to get through, three hours later we finally got our turn at it and were through with no issues in short order. Once we were through about 5 times faster than the other groups, we continued on through some of the other small technical sections and on the the trails end at 3N14.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately due to the 3 hours lounging around waiting for the other groups to get through we were flat out of time to consider doing White Mountain so we head towards Fawskin so that those heading out to go home were going the right direction, at the Delamar Mountain intersection we parted ways with them and headed back to camp across Delamar Mountain Trail.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Big Bear 8-3-19

I would like to thank TTORA for such a warm welcome for a new member to the group. My son and I had a great time with ShowStop
conquering Pontiac Sluice and Gold Mountain. Looking forward to another adventure packed trip. Picked up some great swag from Sparky. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a good time Learn a lot about my skill level and my truck’s ability Tyler was a great help, he got me through everything
Thanks again

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ran with one of the easier groups up white mountain. Some video:

This trip also inspired me to pick up one of the cheap Baofeng ham radios and today I took an passed the technician class test.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts