TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First snow trip of 2018! :driving:

Big Bear got about 6-8" of snow yesterday and is due to get another 12" of snow on Friday. We should have near perfect conditions for a snow run this Saturday! Let's do this while we have snow!

The typical snow run boiler plate info-
4x4 and M+S (mud and snow) tires required

We recommend the following minimum equipment:
All Terrain tires
F/R recovery points
Recovery gear (winch, tow straps, shackles, shovel, etc)
Tire chains
We don't require chains on the trail, only to meet CHP requirements on highway as necessary.
Meet at the trailhead of 3N16 and Hwy 18 at 9am.
Trailhead for 3N16 is here:
N34 17.620 W116 48.810

Optional
7:30am Meeting at McDonalds at I-15 and Bear Valley here:
N34 28.280 W117 20.575

I'll be going up the back way through Lucerne if anybody wants to meet up at the McDonalds on our way to the trailhead.

Dress warm and pack a lunch.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looking like there's a good chance we'll head up. Just picked up a 100 Series so running street tires (plenty of siping! lol), no sliders, and only factory armor underneath.

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking like there's a good chance we'll head up. Just picked up a 100 Series so running street tires (plenty of siping! lol), no sliders, and only factory armor underneath.
Nice! No worries on it being stock. We hit up the flat trails mostly, so your biggest issue would possibly be the lack of ground clearance turning the yacht into a plow.

·
Registered
967 Posts
That's what height control is for... Instant 2" more with the press of a button! HAHAHA

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wish you were going out on Sunday, I can't on Sat. :/
Sometimes we plan Sunday runs. It would be better for this event I think given the weather, but I try not to plan Sundays to avoid the traffic coming down the mountain late in the day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts