TTORA Forum banner

Big Burn snow run was awesome!!!

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  rojodiablo 
#1 ·
Man, am I tired. Got in about 8:30 from the snow run. Really well attended. Too many to list, but 12 trucks showed, 11 went for it. Slippery trail, with lots of different terrain. Several steep shelves took samples of our skidplates, diffs,sliders and bumpers! LOTS of stuck trucks. Seems some had an easy go through one spot, and would get dug in in another spot. Some girls came along, and I brought my sons, and their buddy along for the ride. I want to say thanks to everyone for being so really nice to the kids.... well, we were ALL kids in the snow today.
I cannot believe HOW CAPABLE these trucks really are. Most were locked, or at least had mudders. Most were the typical lift setups; coilovers and rear springs. We don't flex as much as the SAS trucks, but we probably don't need to, from what I saw. I am not a big fan of airing down, but for this work it was necessary. I got down to 10lb. the lowest I have ever run my tires. With some healthy go pedal and disregard for sheetmetal, I only got stuck ONCE!! And, as a bonus, I didn't have to get towed, just needed a passenger bouncing in the bed for a hairball ride up the hill! And, I did it on Goodyear a/t's, not mudders. And, no locker. Learned how much some axles drag in snow, even with 35's. Got some video, not great, but got LOTS of pic's. Will post some soon. And Dan, you are John's hero. He thought you were the best, letting him assault the rock garden with you!!! Your truck should be called BULL TACO. That thing is BAD,BAD,BAD! :xdevil:

See less See more
#5 ·
ocdp2000 said:
cant wait til us 2x4's can go with you guys. we can still do it, i promise.
We just need to set up a desert run somewhere, maybe to camp... Then, we can get some trails where it is not so bad for 2wd. Besides, if wheeling is fun, wheeling at 50 mph is even MORE fun!!!

#6 ·
Paul, It was great wheeling with you. No locker, no problems; right?! We just had to wheel a little harder than some to make it. Feel sorry for your truck once your son gets a hold of it; he's sure to hack that IFS off and build something like the truck he got to crush rocks in.

Hope to see you the next time around.
~Jeff

#7 ·
Munssey said:
Paul, It was great wheeling with you. No locker, no problems; right?! We just had to wheel a little harder than some to make it. Feel sorry for your truck once your son gets a hold of it; he's sure to hack that IFS off and build something like the truck he got to crush rocks in.

Hope to see you the next time around.
~Jeff
Hey I dont have a locker either ass! :D

#8 ·
1noobie said:
Really?! I didn't know you were a one-legger too. WTF, here I thought you were slammin the button when you saw mud and rocks.

Well, good for you... you get a cookie and a beer. I'll even find a bow to wrap it in.

Go to AZRocks. You must... it's your desiny.

#9 ·
Munssey said:
Really?! I didn't know you were a one-legger too. WTF, here I thought you were slammin the button when you saw mud and rocks.

Well, good for you... you get a cookie and a beer. I'll even find a bow to wrap it in.

Go to AZRocks. You must... it's your desiny.
Nah, just a good driver. Wish I could go but no money. :(

#10 ·
1noobie said:
Does this make us like 4wd handicapped??? I just made it look silly, at leat Jesse showed up with mudders. I'm not gonna talk any shit and jinx myself. I was glad for the help from everyone, and it was SAWEET!! The tree damage to my tailgate was only a scratch, but the skidplate has an orange size stuff in it!! And every bolt under her is now a "vise grip removal" affair. I amn gonna find the pan head allens that fit, and buy a thousand of them for all of us. Now I'm MOTIVATED, I will have some new goodies bent and burned within the next few weeks. Bad addiction is just getting worse.... :xdevil:

#12 ·
Hey All!

That was a fun session out in Big Bear! It was great meeting all of you. Thanks for all the tips and pointers getting up the trail. It was a great chance for me to get used to the truck and learn what it can do (even with stock tires... lol). anyway I posted some pics at the following site if you what to see them. http://community.webshots.com/user/bakemon40
Looking forward to seeing you all soon! hopefully by then I'll all the parts sitting in my garage on the truck!!

#13 ·
Munssey said:
Just stay out of the rain with the welder.
Seen the forecast for this week?? Fireworks display just N/E of Camburg, by 1/8 mi. Look for the glowing fool under a truck, followed by lots of squealing!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.