TTORA Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
It is looking promising that I will be there though Im going thursday night and friday will be my wheeling day (I am in on the night run). Unfortunately I will have to punch it home Saturday, maybe I can wheel a half day.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Spent the night rebuilding my steering gear. Got it back together and noticed i left three ball bearings out. Disassembled it AGAIN and boogered up the teflon O-ring. Guess ill be junken tomorrow, I'm just gonna pull one and tap it for hydro assist. I have had way to many steering issues. I need to change something.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you burn your eyebrows off again I want pictures! :lmao:
Classy

The boss said I could head out thursday. So thats the goal now. I did find that my steering box was trying to rip its self off the frame. The top of themount ripped its self off the frame so I get to weld that back on this weekend.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So I broke good. I sheared off the front pinion flange and it fed back into the drive train and took out a input shaft for somthing. Keith and Meg towed me to fredrick Md and aaa did the rest. Looks like the swap will be starting soon

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tough break = bye bye IFS

Andy can you let us know what you find when you start tearing into your truck I am curoius about what actually broke. I also may be interested in that RD90, not that i need it or anything;) Good times brother!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Will definitely let you know about the rd 90. I should start ripping into it soon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will definitely let you know about the rd 90. I should start ripping into it soon
Yo Andy nice seeing you again. Sorry about the breakage, good thing we could get you pointed back downhill and back out fairly easily.
There's a lot of spots in there where recovery could have been a much bigger PITA.
Also curious about the tear-down and what you broke.

Dave

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yo Andy nice seeing you again. Sorry about the breakage, good thing we could get you pointed back downhill and back out fairly easily.
There's a lot of spots in there where recovery could have been a much bigger PITA.
Also curious about the tear-down and what you broke.

Dave
Yeah man you too. Hey it happens did you see how upset I was by that ;) there would of been much worse places to get out of but I still had my steering and all my wheels atached.
I will keep you updated. I think I may of collapsed the crush sleeve in the diff causing the failure.
Btw your brother inlaw did really good

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I am constantly amazed by that FJC. He walked that thing damn near everywhere, barely had any problems.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
8 Participants
RatLabGuy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing