TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to send a big thanks to Mark, Andy, and Brad. On Sunday we installed 4.88 gears in my truck and it turned out perfect. Andy and I took care of installing a front diff that was already geared and that went pretty smooth, except getting covered in gear oil trying to fill the diff once it was installed :( The only hicup that we had was trying to remove the rear third member. The long steel studs for the diff rusted fast to the aluminum housing of the e-locker motor. But we finally got it with some heat and a really really big hammer. Mark did an excellent job at setting up the rear gear and they make no noise what so ever.:xbeer3: :xbeer3: :xbeer3:

We took it for a spin after the install to the "Test Track" to see what the truck could do. We went over to a bridge and climbed the hill that is directly under it, probably a 45 degree climb. The truck practically idled up it, CRAZY.

Overall took about 13 hours with 2 hours each way for travel, but well worth it. Hopefully our wives understand after awhile :D :D Again thanks for all the help, see you out on the trails, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Nice. I can't wait to get out and wheel again.
Mark and I recently had a 4.88 party at my place and he took care of me. Official Pa chapter gear dood. :D
BTW MArk, Your springs are on my garage floor, I just gotta get them to you.

--Scott

Wanted to send a big thanks to Mark, Andy, and Brad. On Sunday we installed 4.88 gears in my truck and it turned out perfect. Andy and I took care of installing a front diff that was already geared and that went pretty smooth, except getting covered in gear oil trying to fill the diff once it was installed :( The only hicup that we had was trying to remove the rear third member. The long steel studs for the diff rusted fast to the aluminum housing of the e-locker motor. But we finally got it with some heat and a really really big hammer. Mark did an excellent job at setting up the rear gear and they make no noise what so ever.:xbeer3: :xbeer3: :xbeer3:

We took it for a spin after the install to the "Test Track" to see what the truck could do. We went over to a bridge and climbed the hill that is directly under it, probably a 45 degree climb. The truck practically idled up it, CRAZY.

Overall took about 13 hours with 2 hours each way for travel, but well worth it. Hopefully our wives understand after awhile :D :D Again thanks for all the help, see you out on the trails, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Awesome! My total time with Mark for my install was about 10 hours, but the gears are perfect. I have NO noise still. Everything is working great, I get no small chips are metal pieces when changing my gear oil. Mark and Brad are awesome. I didn't climb the hill under the bridge I don't believe, I remember Mark telling me about brad taking a kids truck up it in reveres though:lmao:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the bridge was crazy, got 10-15 feet up and the ground disappeared and all I saw was the underside of the bridge, awesome. THe power the truck has now is great, doing hils in 5th that I had to do in 3rd before. 35's should be here within the next month :D

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Yeah the bridge was crazy, got 10-15 feet up and the ground disappeared and all I saw was the underside of the bridge, awesome. THe power the truck has now is great, doing hils in 5th that I had to do in 3rd before. 35's should be here within the next month :D
Nice, let me know how you make out with them. I'm a little hesitant after reading Hyentor's thread, but I think he has some underlying issues aside from gearing and tires. I'm probably going to be putting a set of 35" maxxis bighorns on in late June.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, let me know how you make out with them. I'm a little hesitant after reading Hyentor's thread, but I think he has some underlying issues aside from gearing and tires. I'm probably going to be putting a set of 35" maxxis bighorns on in late June.
Will do, I am going with the Maxxis Bighorns as well. Cna't wait, just need to sell my current tires :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts