TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I got a quick question. What is the biggest tires you can run on a stock taco? I am doin super swamper LTB's with american racing rims...and I was wondering what size to go with?

-Dennis Stiles

·
Registered
44 Posts
There might be more info that you are looking for in the "Tires and Wheels." section of the forum. Just a quick hint.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
biggest you can fit without rubbing is 31x10.5

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about 11.5?

What about running 31-11.5? will that rub?

-Dennis Stiles

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had 32x11.5 on stock wheels with only 1" lift and only rubbed when aired down. On the street they were fine. My guess is that they will rub since they are swampers - lots of lugs sticking out.

·
Registered
711 Posts
BadJammer said:
Hey guys! I got a quick question. What is the biggest tires you can run on a stock taco? I am doin super swamper LTB's with american racing rims...and I was wondering what size to go with?

-Dennis Stiles
I run 265/75/16 BFG's and I only rub when I hit a bump turning sharp. I also did the pinch weld mod though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
One of my friends runs 32x11.50 pro comp mud terrains. He had them on there with no lift. We just did the pinch weld mod and it didn't rub at all. Are you getting the LTB's for off-road only? I have heard of people only getting about 8,000 miles from a set.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that almost all super swampers run big. There is only like three or four sizes that are smaller than the tire says.

·
Registered
148 Posts
BadJammer said:

-Dennis Stiles
31x10.5 is the bigest,and unless you plan on never driving it on the road,dont get the LTB's I only got 7,600 miles out of my set.As a matter of fact,stay away from any Bias ply tire if you do a good amount of road driving,you would want a radial tire.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something I've noticed while shopping around for larger tires -- ProComp tires are sized small. There 33x12.5 Xterrain, has nearly the same specs as a BFG 32x11.5. The Procomp A/T in a 31 is around 30.5!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts