TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
havent talked to you in quite a while, congrats on being VP :xbeer3: , you are the BigBadMan for the job. :xpimp:
That is all. :D
-Todd

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Thanks, Todd. :) I'll be trying to help make Mike's life as pres a little easier. Wahoodoolydoo..

My truck started yesterday :) In a mere 14 hours the truck went from a block with some pistons in it to completely reassembled and able to run. It was sweeeet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dean was mentioning saturday about your motor. What all did you do to it. Dean made it sound like you screwed the pooch on a timing belt replacement or something. ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BigBadBob0 said:
My truck started yesterday :) In a mere 14 hours the truck went from a block with some pistons in it to completely reassembled and able to run. It was sweeeet.
I'm outa the loop, wtf happened to your motor? :confused:
Anyway nice job on the reassembaly. :xbeer3: :xpimp:

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Started with a spark plug that decided he didn't like his home. Instead of just heli-coiling and getting on my way I decided to rebuild the topend. The disassembly went fine until I stripped one of the cylinder head bolts. Anyway. 3 months of working every few saturdays and we put the whole damn thing back together in 14 hours.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigBadBob0 said:
Started with a spark plug that decided he didn't like his home. Instead of just heli-coiling and getting on my way I decided to rebuild the topend. The disassembly went fine until I stripped one of the cylinder head bolts. Anyway. 3 months of working every few saturdays and we put the whole damn thing back together in 14 hours.
wow so that started that day you called me asking about a trailer correct? Thats quite a project, so did you do anything special to the motor or just OEM replacement parts? Either thats quite a task. :xbeer1: :clap:

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
It was hard to dig all of the way in there and not like port n polish and stuff :) Oh well. When the motor started up it was quieter than its ever been so that makes me happy. Overall I think the total bill was under $600 to take apart the whole thing, machine the heads, fix the spark plug hole and replace every gasket/seal in there. Also had to replace a fuel injector and I broke the knock sensor clip taking that apart.

Here's some pics putting it back together
http://http://bob.norcalttora.com/gallery/images?dir=/wrenching
In the middle are some pics of a dude that is putting a rotary into his Z.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts