TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 PreRunner with toytec lift up front and aal's out back but when I mounted my 9000 lb. mile marker the front sagged a very tiny bit and little things like that drive me crazy! But my real question is that I have since fixed that with some taller stainless spacers instead of the .5 inch top spacer with the kit. What I would really like to know if somone has figured out how to get about 5 or 6 inches without buying a full fabtech drop down kit for 2500.00. There is no need for a diff. drop because you don't have one ! I have been trying to work this on my own but 10,000 heads are better than one! I work in a machine shop so if anyone wants to try somthing out or just toss around some ideas send me a message. I currently have add a leafs in the rear and a set of very beefy shackles for the rear and can't use them yet! I live in Gastonia NC so if your local lets get togother and toss around some ideas! [email protected]

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
your truck only has 4 inches of downtravel stock if you take away all the down travel with lift then it will ride like shit. the only way to get more than 3 inches is a drop bracket. unless you get a 3 inch susp. lift and a body lift.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
StevenR1 said:
I have a 2002 PreRunner with toytec lift up front and aal's out back but when I mounted my 9000 lb. mile marker the front sagged a very tiny bit and little things like that drive me crazy! But my real question is that I have since fixed that with some taller stainless spacers instead of the .5 inch top spacer with the kit. What I would really like to know if somone has figured out how to get about 5 or 6 inches without buying a full fabtech drop down kit for 2500.00. There is no need for a diff. drop because you don't have one ! I have been trying to work this on my own but 10,000 heads are better than one! I work in a machine shop so if anyone wants to try somthing out or just toss around some ideas send me a message. I currently have add a leafs in the rear and a set of very beefy shackles for the rear and can't use them yet! I live in Gastonia NC so if your local lets get togother and toss around some ideas! [email protected]
none of that will matter since the coils cannot handle the weight of your winch. Time for some 650# or better adjustable coilovers. OE coils aren't anywhere near heavy enough for the weight and OMEs can't cut it either.

as for more lift the only way is with a FT or TM 6" kit unless you want to add a 3" body lift. that's it, sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts