TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I'm looking for a new (used) 4X4 DC. Mine was stolen a few weeks ago (That’s another thread). Anyway, I was wondering if I found one that has the Tow Package on it, will this effect my plans of going to larger tires (32") and a larger spare tire. I've never looked under a Tacoma that had a tow package. Are there any mounting points that will impede a larger spare tire. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Dude Abides said:
So... I'm looking for a new (used) 4X4 DC. Mine was stolen a few weeks ago (That’s another thread). Anyway, I was wondering if I found one that has the Tow Package on it, will this effect my plans of going to larger tires (32") and a larger spare tire. I've never looked under a Tacoma that had a tow package. Are there any mounting points that will impede a larger spare tire. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure that the trailer hitch won't affect the room you'll have for a spare tire. If I'm not mistaken the brackets which hold the spare are the same size on all the prerunner and 4x4 tacos, and they can be bent to allow for up to a 33" spare.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Dude Abides said:
i have a reg. cab with tow package and have a 33 x 12.50 under there with no modifications. its REAL close but it fits... :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jhorn_007 said:
i have a reg. cab with tow package and have a 33 x 12.50 under there with no modifications. its REAL close but it fits... :D
Thanks for the reply!

This 10 character thing is getting to me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
good luck finding a used DC, it might be better in your area, out here in PA i can hardly find anything...I am lucky to com across a few 02 and 03's but they want outrageous prices even for these...Im still looking though hopefully ill find one too, im in no hurry right now, i have an 03 ex cab but it has little room for my growing family
Pete

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tacomatoy03 said:
good luck finding a used DC, it might be better in your area, out here in PA i can hardly find anything...I am lucky to com across a few 02 and 03's but they want outrageous prices even for these...Im still looking though hopefully ill find one too, im in no hurry right now, i have an 03 ex cab but it has little room for my growing family
Pete
I'm not having any problems what-so-ever finding a DC. Unfortunately, they are all Prerunners. I am however having major problems finding one that is a 4X4 with TRD! One was in New Mexico. I'm in California! I did find one, but it was red. I’m not a big fan of red. Maybe the new Jeep Unlimited Rubicon is calling my name??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts