TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with MAXXIS tires because a buddy of mine has had them on his truck for 2yrs and has had damn near no tread wear. He is running buckshots but in my research of the tire I came across the bighorn and I like the design better. Also they are cheaper than the bucks by afew dollars so I have a situation I am a firm believer in: if it sounds too good to be true..... So I need your help, does anyone know which tire is better? It looks like a decision based on tread pattern and I like them both. They look like an MTR and a BFG MT/KM respectively with the bighorn having agressive sidewall tread. All :2cents: help is appreciated.

·
Registered
764 Posts
i have the buckshots. they do surprisingly well, i think i have turned a few BFG heads in the central chapter. no experience with the bighorns yet. i think if i can get a hold of some stock alloys im gonna mount up some 255/85 bighorns on them. i think it's just a matter of personal preference on the tread design really for you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would think it would be the same tread compound in them so the wear would be the same. Also the bighorn has a slightly deeper tread. BTW thanks for the response

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
My 35" Bighorns get here tues. With the price I got on ebay its worth it even if they only last 30k. From what Ive heard its a good tire. Maxxis has made great tires in all other catagories.. I dont see why not a LT offroad tire as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I went with MT BAJA CLAWS instead because the dealer sold them cheap and even mounted and balanced. They look freakin Sexy with their directional tread. I dont think the guys over at Mickey Thompson own a tape measure though because they are nowhere near 33" Or at least no where near only 2" shorter than my 35" MTRs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts