TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I use a CJ7 bikini top with the generic header modified to fit my Runner.
Works great.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Oh yeah, tops aren't for losers this time of year :flipoff2:

:missingto

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
what kinda header. i'm going to have to do that. i would love to have a bikini top for my runner.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have a landcruiser top that covers half of the cargo bay.The header I bought from 4xjedi on yotatech, but he has since stop making them. I talk to wabfab and he is going to start offering them again, but only when it gets warmer. Send him and email if we get enough people wanting them maybe he will start up sooner.

http://www.wabfab.org/

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Toymachine said:
What bikini tops are you guys using? Jeep? Aftermarket something?

I get my 4runner tommorrow and tops are for losers :D

Ok you started it..............
Bikini tops are also for loosers,Go with no top at all. Screw the rear seat passangers they know what they where getting into when they ride with you. While we are at it screw the doors too build half doors or tube doors. In the winter time put all the factory stuff back on cause it gets cold with that stuff off.

Now if your wanting a Bikini top to help keep some rain out in the summer time dont bother cause it wont work. Get use to haveing a rag up front to wipe the rain off the windshield, the mist comming off the body comes right back through the back of the cab.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Downey Off Road - Bikini Top. It works great!

·
Registered
358 Posts
You could also just make one from vinyl at your local fabric store. Then clamp it in using the existing holes and a few grommets with big washers. I have seen this done as well. I have a home made one and it works great, I put a camping cord channel from an old tent trailer, then I can just slide it in, and slide it out.

On thing to make sure is you have some soft of tensioner in the center (Wab-Fabs rear bow is a great example). The tops will whip badly at highway speeds if you don't have them tensioned some how.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts