TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, course details have changed quite a bit. I was not able to get hardly any interest in chartering a BB course specifically for us. If so, we could have gotten a huge discount because we would only need to pay Bill's daily rate of $925. Bill has now added a FL course to their normal schedule, the following text is pulled directly from their mailing list:

BTW: I am signed up, I paid my deposit today.

July 2-3: FLA: Withlacoochee State Forest – North of Tampa near Inverness or Ridge Manor – TBD. Muddy and deep if wet, sandy and rutty if dry. $465./vehicle. Limit 8 vehicles.

Vehicle requirements: 32” tire, traction control or 1 locker, strong tires, frame mounted recovery points, either have attended previous OTR or have ‘wheeled at club/organized events. Camping optional! If you have the vehicle, all skill levels are encouraged. We require a minimum of 4 vehicles to go forward with these courses.

Event will include handouts, technical discussions, hands-on skill building with several scenario teaching moments and plenty of seat time on the trail. Come prepared to have fun and learn a lot more than you ever thought possible!

Please call 970-858-3468 to register.

Best regards,
Rachel
--------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America LLC
Premier Training and Guided Back Country Trips
www.bb4wa.com [email protected]

·
Registered
857 Posts
That's great, Just a thought, I know it too late for this year but for next years FL4WDA, who better to have for a guest speaker and have work shops.

For something sooner though, is there a limit to how many. To reduce the price even more.

Harry

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harry, yeah too bad it's too late for the FL4WD, that would be awesome. As for upper limit, I think 10 vehicles is his max. I know the cost is pretty high, but to take one of his overnight courses is normally like $400 per vehicle. If you could find someone else interested, they could ride shotgun in your truck and split the cost.

Bill Burke is the man when it comes to offroad driving skills, I'm happy to pay for 2 days with him. Think of it as an upgrade for you truck, right in the area of the driver's seat.

·
FL VP
962 Posts
Where did you find the info about the price going cheaper the more people we get? I could only find info and I did lots of looking ( different articles on different club boards) at people saying its $925 a vehicle for 1 or 2 people per vehicle.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim, below is an excerpt from an email from Rachel (who is Bill's wife)

"Because we have family on both Florida coasts, if someone could generate work in FL we would do it without a second thought! Many of our clients and potential clients have put together 2-day training courses in their locations and we’ve traveled there. We live in a motor home and travel around the country for Bill to hold classes and trips.

That said, if this is something you want to put together with a club or friends, please let me know. By you doing it instead of us just putting it out for the general public at our regular rate of $465./per vehicle, attendees would pay based on Bill’s daily rate of $925./day which would be divided up among the number to participants. In other words, if you had 8 people sign up divided by $1850 ($925./day) it would cost each of them $231.25 instead of $465. Does this make sense?"

·
FL VP
962 Posts
That's cool. See I could not find any info on it being able to divide by a group. I asked you cause I had looked at this idea a while back but all info I found was just to damn pricey for my liking when I had money. Now I would do this but my broke ass is just that, broke. Plus I have a trip I need to save for to Alaska in Aug. Damn money anyways :banghead:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, not a lot of interest here in the Bill Burke driving course. I'm going to post up on some other boards to see if I can get enough people to schedule this thing.

If anyone decides they are interested, please let me know. I will update this with info if I can get enough people from other boards.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds Awsome If my truck was built a little more for this kind of action then I would deff be in! But no Winch, Sliders, skids, Lockers, Etc. (Yet anyways)....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a little more info:

Bill Burke's schedule would put him here in FL near the end of June. There has not been a lot of interest here on the board for this (except for BR12349). I posted it on some other boards, so hopefully it will get enough people. Bill is a highly respected offroad instructor and he is a native of FL, so it would be awesome for us to get some training from him. The stuff he teaches: using the winch (but a winch is not required for the course), hi lift, picking lines, proper driving techniques, vehicle extraction, and safety.

So please post here or PM me if you are seriously interested. We can't get him to drive here to FL if he does not have a guaranteed class.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts