TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a set of bilsteins for my rear 88 4runner. The problem is the shock bushing eye holes are too narrow to fit over the stock mounts on the frame and on the stock ubolt plate. Is this normal? I've seen friends rigs who put their rear shocks in a / \ configuration by welding shock mount tabs on the housing and not sure if they run a bar between the fame for the top mount or use the existing bar that is already bracing the frame. Is that the bar people use? and Does your exhaust get in the way when doing this?
Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I've seen friends rigs who put their rear shocks in a / \ configuration by welding shock mount tabs on the housing and not sure if they run a bar between the fame for the top mount or use the existing bar that is already bracing the frame. Is that the bar people use? and Does your exhaust get in the way when doing this?
Thanks,
Alan
Not sure if this will help but what I had done on my rig was weld a new cross member for the upper shock mounts, and had custom exhaust put in.

I don't know if you go with a /\ configuration if the stock exhaust would become an issue or not. I guess it depends on how far to the center of your rig the upper shock mounts will be, if you have shock reservoirs that can't be relocated (which shouldn't be an issue with the 5100s), where the stock exhaust is located, and where you plan to locate the lower shock mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ALoo
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing