TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What part number are required for a 99 Taco with about 2.5 inches lift. I know it was posted a while ago, but can't find it. Would this part number work BE5-6250-H5.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you guys be able to get the ones with the correct bushings. If so how much shipped to a bussiness address, zip 17011.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
i got mine from demello and he supplied the correct bushings

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah before we changed Boards, I asked him about them, but didn't get back to me. No biggy, I'll have to ask him. Hey Jason you out there??

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 5100 are backorder I am waiting on a set for my lift. It sucks becauase there is a guy with a long bed chevy that keeps talking trash and i want to shut he up, and make him break something. He is stupid he goes at every thing full skinny ped. he has a 305 that is stock for the gas crunch time that makes less power than my taco.

·
Registered
47 Posts
jtaco1 said:
Would you guys be able to get the ones with the correct bushings. If so how much shipped to a bussiness address, zip 17011.
Hi there, yes we ship the correct bushings with the shocks, however, they are completely backordered...latest news from Bilstein was 2.5 weeks out (that was a week ago)

They run $74.95ea with the bushings, $11.00 to ship :)

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey, are you still looking for these???

I have a brand new in box BE5-6253-H5 set from a messup when buying my shocks for my GMC truck. Anyway, I would love to get rid of these if you'd like to buy them from me. Like I said, these are brand new, never used. The box was opened because the mechanic looked at them when installing my lift kit. Anyway, let me know! I'm looking to get $100 + shipping for the pair... but negotiable.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me think about it, I am having shock length issues and need something longer, these may be the ticket.

Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
xtremeoff-road said:
Hi there, yes we ship the correct bushings with the shocks, however, they are completely backordered...latest news from Bilstein was 2.5 weeks out (that was a week ago)

They run $74.95ea with the bushings, $11.00 to ship :)

Mike

I need to order a pair of these as well are they available again?

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
ordered on dec 5st..
had all parts by december 12th... the shocks w/ hoes and springs.. call him for quicker response..

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
jtaco1 said:
What part number are required for a 99 Taco with about 2.5 inches lift. I know it was posted a while ago, but can't find it. Would this part number work BE5-6250-H5.
6252 and 6253 are what you need for 2-3" or lift NOT including a body lift. the pass side is about 1" longer than the dr side. Tacoma rear shocks are NOT the same length unless you have done a custom relocate with custom mounts.

do this before ordering shocks:
http://www.bajataco.com/travel-measurement.html

·
Registered
770 Posts
hytenor said:
6252 and 6253 are what you need for 2-3" or lift NOT including a body lift. the pass side is about 1" longer than the dr side. Tacoma rear shocks are NOT the same length unless you have done a custom relocate with custom mounts.

do this before ordering shocks:
http://www.bajataco.com/travel-measurement.html

Measured the truck and the 6252 and 6253 will be perfect, cant wait to get em on! The best part...they come zinc plated and are all shiney and I'll have to get pooped on by all my friends saying "chrome wont get you home" Oh well... thats the price you have to pay for a decent shock I guess!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, talk about and old post. I have muddled through with my OME shock for now and will be re-doing the mounts for my upcoming u-bolt flip and maybe triangulation of the shock and measure for the appropriate length, since right now my shock are my limiting factor of my rear suspension:( Thanks guys

·
Registered
770 Posts
jtaco1 said:
Wow, talk about and old post. I have muddled through with my OME shock for now and will be re-doing the mounts for my upcoming u-bolt flip and maybe triangulation of the shock and measure for the appropriate length, since right now my shock are my limiting factor of my rear suspension:( Thanks guys
Yean I actually dug this post up on a Google search using the bilstein part # that I got off their website, funny how things work out to dig up a year old post! Do you have the OME N-85 rear shocks right now?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BigMudTruk said:
Yean I actually dug this post up on a Google search using the bilstein part # that I got off their website, funny how things work out to dig up a year old post! Do you have the OME N-85 rear shocks right now?
I think that's what they are. THey rid okay, but I think they are too short for full travel. I think I need about a 2 inch longer shock in the stock location, because I can pull a wheel and the springs still have room to flex, but the shock is bottomed out. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
jtaco1 said:
I think that's what they are. THey rid okay, but I think they are too short for full travel. I think I need about a 2 inch longer shock in the stock location, because I can pull a wheel and the springs still have room to flex, but the shock is bottomed out. Let me know if you want to know anything else.
just make sure you either extend your bump-stops or get shocks with the correct compressed length to fit your flex. otherwise you will kill your shocks on full-stuff compression. One of my 5150s is dead because of this :(

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yeah I was thinking if I have enough room, maybe run some BBCS that everyone talkes about on Pirate, since they have bumpstops built into them, but I think they may only currently makin gthem in the 15 inch version, which I know I cannot fit without going through the bed. I'm still in the design and research phase since I haven't had time to go wheeling for a few months:( Thanks Hytenor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
10 Participants
jtaco1
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing