TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a proud owner of a 2004 SR5 TRD Xcab V6 Tacoma. I have Camburgs up front and Daystar 1-1/4" shackles in the rear, and soon to install Deaver 8 pack, for a possible total lift of approx. 2.5".
In anticipation of the lift, I purchased Bilstein 5125's w/10" of travel, part# F4BE5-6248-H5 with 255/70 valving. Are these even going to fit? The more posts I read, the more my head spins! :panic:
Can anyone help out a rookie?:p

Thanks gang!:thumbup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you use the Deaver 8's with the Daystar shackles, you're going to end up with 3 3/4" of lift in the rear, because Deaver 8's give 2 1/2" of lift by themselves.Lose the Daystar shackles and put the stock ones back on when you put the Deavers in.(I had Daystar shackles too,and am also currently running Deaver 8's).
Sounds like you got the wrong shocks.The correct #'s for Bilstein 5125s to fit your truck with 2.5" lift are:
5-BE5-6252-H5 rear left
5-BE5-6253-H5 rear right
These are the shocks I'm running and I'm really happy with them and the Deavers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The main thing that I learned to look out for is the compressed length of the shocks. You want to make sure that the bumb stops hit the frame before the shock reaches it's full compression. When thinking about this myself, I figured that having a shock that can let the springs and axle droop to their full extent is the best option. But that means that the shock will have a longer compressed length so getting your bumbs stops right is important so you don't blow your shocks when you bottom out. The opposite way of this is to have a shock that allows a shorter compression length, but also will limit the droop and could put stress on the shock mounts, the most important one to be concerned with being the frame mount. But I think that I read about using straps back there for that too.

I am certainly green when it comes to any of this stuff as well but just thought that I'd see if I could be any help.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Barnaby: Good advice. Also note that that you should account for bumpstop compression. It is better to give yourself an extra inch or so. This also depends of the trucks intended usage. If you plan on running wide open in Baja, VS rockcrawling at slower speeds, plan accordingling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts