TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
85runnerman said:
Man this shock rides great! Flexes good too!

Sounds great man, that is an odd looking shock though ;)

I do not think you can link to angelfire images though...If you would like I can host it for you :)

You can e mail it to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i got my 5150 today!!! after waiting for the 5100 for about a months..because they were in backorder...i just decided to get the 5150...installing them this monday...can't wait... :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
what part numbers did you use? i looked on there site and i noticed they have to diffrent valvings. also where did you get them from and how much were they?

·
Registered
71 Posts
All I've heard is a blind "THEY RULE!" so far. Info like shock length, valving, what shock they replaced, how much weight you have in the back, type of offroading you do, what other shocks you considered, what lift is on your truck (if you have one), etc etc, might help people out in deciding whether 5150s are good for them also...

Just a thought to make this thread a little more helpful...

·
Banned
598 Posts
JonnyOzero3 said:
All I've heard is a blind "THEY RULE!" so far. Info like shock length, valving, what shock they replaced, how much weight you have in the back, type of offroading you do, what other shocks you considered, what lift is on your truck (if you have one), etc etc, might help people out in deciding whether 5150s are good for them also...

Just a thought to make this thread a little more helpful...
good point. i'm getting Deaver 7-leaf leaf packs and i now need to replace my 6100's with something else. 5125's are out since they are not currently available. 5150's are available (BF5-A195-H1) for around $80-$100 each, but i'm also looking at the Doetsch Tech "MV12" shock, DT's are about half the price.

any thoughts on this?

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
tufftaco2k4 said:
what part numbers did you use? i looked on there site and i noticed they have to diffrent valvings. also where did you get them from and how much were they?
From post #6...
85runnerman said:
i got them on a deal from whaley ent. for 170 shipped NIB

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
JonnyOzero3 said:
Looks like these guys don't want to help anyone at all. Oh well I guess...try another thread....
i thought this thread was dead...still can't tell you with my experience with them...becuase of random events delaying the install...
but will tell ASAP

travel 8.5 255/70 vaulve i think...somewhere around there combining with 2" shackles

·
Banned
598 Posts
04RedLobster said:
i thought this thread was dead...still can't tell you with my experience with them...becuase of random events delaying the install...
but will tell ASAP

travel 8.5 255/70 vaulve i think...somewhere around there combining with 2" shackles
yes, but on these shocks the compressed length is still too long for the stock shock mounts and bump stops. the shocks will bottom before the bumps stops do (info relayed from another post by Donahoe person).

however, would i ever bottom out with Deaver 7-leaf? maybe.

so i was also wanting to know, would it be better to relocate the shock mounts and perhaps go with a 10" travel 5150. 5150's dont come with the 1" offset like the 5125's do, so the reloacte would allow the same shock to be used L & R.

any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
oh...um...i'm not too worried...if they do become a problem..i'll just get the donahoe rear shocks when they come out...

if you have the money...relocate them...i just don't have the money...right now...so i'm just gonna see how the 5150s handel after i put them on..

·
Registered
134 Posts
04RedLobster said:
oh...um...i'm not too worried...if they do become a problem..i'll just get the donahoe rear shocks when they come out...

if you have the money...relocate them...i just don't have the money...right now...so i'm just gonna see how the 5150s handel after i put them on..
are you running 2 " shackles? i am probably getting mine soon and i will need shocks and i will probably go with the 5150s too... what was the product number of the shocksyou got... since we have the same setup...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
cauch235 said:
are you running 2 " shackles? i am probably getting mine soon and i will need shocks and i will probably go with the 5150s too... what was the product number of the shocksyou got... since we have the same setup...
ok my friend Bryan also a member here and I finally installed the cornfed 2" shackles and the bilstein 5150s today....

took about 2 hours or some...maybe longer...
so far the truck is riding great...but it's only been on the street for about 20 miles...haha

don't know the part number...i got the 8.5" travel...

well leave more feed backs as soon as i take these off-road..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts