TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 2 day trip through the back roads into Big Bear, I am looking to replace the stock Tokiko (sp?) shocks on my 2003 double cab. The stock shocks are just too soft for wheeling. My truck is stock height and I was looking to go with the Rancho 9000's because of their adjustablility. However, it doesn't appear that Rancho makes the 9000's for the front of my truck.

I have read a few posts about the Bilstein HD shocks on these boards and I'm now considering these as replacement shocks. Any thoughts or alternative suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have them on the front of my taco. They are part of the Downey coilover kit. Ha... I blew one up last week. But, it looks like the problem was the set screw arrangement on the adjustment collar. The shocks work VERY well, so long as the tube is not kinked, and they are not puking oil all over. I have been happy with them, and I was crying this last week having to suffer with the sponge like ride the stock setup gave me. The bils are way better. And, contrary to other encounters, I got my stuff warrantied after they agreed I didn't over abuse them. So, I have them, and I am happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts