TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first off i always thought it was pronounced like "bill steen" but i called them today and everyone there said it like "bill stine"

anyway i ordered a set of 5125s for the rear of my tacoma today, and im confused as hell, everyone on here talks about 8, 10, and 12 inch travel lengths, well bilstein said they came in 9, 10, and 11 inch travels..... i am putting 5 inch all pro springs and keeping my 2 inch shackles for 7 inches of suspension and i went ahead and ordered the 11 inch travel shocks. why does everyone on here say they have 12 inch travel? i dont think bilstein would lie to me on the phone, and the shocks will be here tomorrow. we will see what happens i guess.

im not saying everyone here is wrong, im just saying it doesnt add up to me.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do i need for 7 inches of suspension? i already ordered 11 inch. im thinking it will be alright since i only drive it on the street

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Jack up or ramp the truck and measure the extended length, then measure the compressed length. Compare these numbers to bilstiens specs and you will have your answer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
colosusabbott said:
well first off i always thought it was pronounced like "bill steen" but i called them today and everyone there said it like "bill stine"

anyway i ordered a set of 5125s for the rear of my tacoma today, and im confused as hell, everyone on here talks about 8, 10, and 12 inch travel lengths, well bilstein said they came in 9, 10, and 11 inch travels..... i am putting 5 inch all pro springs and keeping my 2 inch shackles for 7 inches of suspension and i went ahead and ordered the 11 inch travel shocks. why does everyone on here say they have 12 inch travel? i dont think bilstein would lie to me on the phone, and the shocks will be here tomorrow. we will see what happens i guess.

im not saying everyone here is wrong, im just saying it doesnt add up to me.
well they problably say 11 inch travel because they are really 11.94 inches of travel so maybe thats why they only say 11 inches, check out this graph from bilstein http://www.bilstein.com/offroad_5125.php
oh yeah did you get your new tires on your truck yet or still waitn'?

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
waiting on my settlement check to get here...last i heard i got a letter in the mail friday saying it was approved and that the check was in the mail. so it should be here this week, as soon as it comes in im ordering tires and gears and everything at one time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts