TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what part number of the bilstein 5100 shocks i would need for a 3" spacer lift on a 04 tacoma front and rear? also does anyone know of a good place to get them from? thanks in advance Billy

·
Registered
668 Posts
the part numbers are too long for me to remember, but the last four digits should be 6252 and 6253... should be good for up to 3" lift with 8 and 8.5 inches of travel...

·
Registered
668 Posts
yep, a lot of places are, but there are a number of shops that dont see a lot of taco business that may have them in stock... i recall this issue coming up on the customtacos forum where one guy waited 3 weeks and another guy went elsewhere and walked out the door with a pair and paid about $50 more than the first guy... i got mine from LMT (www.lmt4x4outfitters.com) for $160 shipped...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
mikesdoublecab said:
yep, a lot of places are, but there are a number of shops that dont see a lot of taco business that may have them in stock... i recall this issue coming up on the customtacos forum where one guy waited 3 weeks and another guy went elsewhere and walked out the door with a pair and paid about $50 more than the first guy... i got mine from LMT (www.lmt4x4outfitters.com) for $160 shipped...
Yep that's one of me...from customtacos...still dont' have it...and i order them about 3 weeks ago...and i still don't know when i'm gonna get them...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you gave two part numbers with two diff. travels, how many of each type would i need and where do they get installed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
tufftaco2k4 said:
does anyone know what part number of the bilstein 5100 shocks i would need for a 3" spacer lift on a 04 tacoma front and rear? also does anyone know of a good place to get them from? thanks in advance Billy
Here are a few that would work nicely for you depending on exactly what rear lift you have.

1) BE5-6253-H5 is a 22.5" fully extended, 14.05" compressed shock that would fit with general 3" lift.

2) BE5-A463-H5 is a 24.35" fully extended, 15.11" compressed shock that would work nicely if you are running excessive lift in the rear like a 3" or larger block in the rear.

3) B46-0258 is a Bilstein HD shock which has very similar valving to the 5100's and is actually a application for a older Landcrusier which has nearly identical specs to the above 6253...can't remember the exact length, but I think it's right at 22" fully extended.

If you're interested in any of these shocks give us a call and we can check availability with our supplier. The B46-0258 we may very possibly have in stock at our Portsmouth location.

Later,
David

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
mikesdoublecab said:
i think the longer travel shock goes on the passenger side on the doublecab... cant remember...
yeah it really sucks...i mean i could just put the shackles in but i know the ride would suck...so i'm just gonna wait it out....hopefully i get it by next week...maybe not...who knows...the longer ones go to the drivers side..i think well at least on the extra cab....because of the gas tank...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
yeah dave..i got the shackles from you guys..2"...well the thing is i already purchased them from jackit.com...and they have been updating me about the situations about the bilsteins and stuff...they said it should arrive in about 2 weeks or so...i told them i would upgrade tot he 5150s if they had about the same travel...perry from jackit.com told me that tyler also from jackit.com is waiting a reply from bilsteins if they already sent out the shocks...so i won't know till this monday prob...

of kinda da of topic but what's next on the list for cornfed (as in products) :eek:fftopic: lol..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a trd xtra cab 4x4, i am planning on the 3" cornfed spacer lift. the 2" shackel yall are talkin about, does that give 2" of lift? if so what if i combined that with a 1.5" aal? i would like the back just a lil higher than the front. i haul a 4wheeler alot and i got this deal that goes in my hitch and makes a platform behind the tailgate for the rear wheels to sit on so i dont have to take my toolbox out every time. with that much weight behind the rear axle you can imagine how it sits lol.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
the spacers will settle down later on and u'll have about 2.5 on the front..and 2" in the rear should be level..so if you want ur rear to be higher...i think you should get 1" AAL or what ever you want...

·
Registered
469 Posts
tufftaco2k4 said:
i got this deal that goes in my hitch and makes a platform behind the tailgate for the rear wheels to sit on so i dont have to take my toolbox out every time.
That sounds like a pretty neat idea. Do you have any pics of it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
The part Number I used for my 6" lift which is 26" extended and 16" colapsed is Part # BE56248HD. If you plan on going higher in the future, you may want to try those.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Hd's up front and the 5100 in the rear. The deminsions that cornfed gave were the ones that I got. I love these shocks, make it ride really nice for a spacer and aal.

Brian

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
tufftaco2k4 said:
contact Wheeler's or Camburg and mention ttora for best prices. just tell them the amount of lift you are getting and they will know what size you need. for a typical 3" lift the rear only gets 2-2.5" since it is already 1-1.5" higher than the front.

http://www.camburg.com/
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing