TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have what appears to be spots on the paint that were probably caused by bird crap sitting too long on the surface. I have tried everything to clear them up. It appears that maybe the BC etched the paint? It is a 'cloudy' stain on the clear coat, not rough or colored - just spots about the size of a quarter to a dime.
I have contacted Meguiars and others and tried their suggestions, vinegar, Scratch X, Cleaners, etc.

Any ideas?

Larry

·
Registered
836 Posts
Have you tried a clay bar? Meguiars sells a good kit. A lot of pro's swear by claying. Supposed to thouroughly clean the paint surface and remove and dead paint particals. You will likely have to wax it afterward, but your truck will shine like it was just painted. Other than that, take it to a pro with a buffer. Expensive, but it will look like new paint.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought an all black Dodge Stealth that had the same prob. I thought it was either from tree sap or bird droppings. Go out & but one of those orbital waxer/polishers & use some 3 step Meguiars polish. First polish with the "rough" compound then go on to the finer stuff....made a world of difference on that Stealth I had. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Using a polish will remove them. Hoever, you must use a polish with 100% pure polish and no wax to get them out effectively. This will also work for scratches in the clearcoat.

3M sells a pure polish that kicks ass. Sounds funny since it's from 3M, but it's 100% polish unlike meguiars. Thier products suck anyways. www.zainobros.com all the way

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the same problem on my camper shell. Clay and Scratch X didn't work. I'll have to use the buffer to see if I can get it out when I shine the truck up for the spring.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I also remembered. Using a foam pad with a low speed will not scratch the paint as much as if you used it on a high speed, or a cloth pad, or even worse, both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts