TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Birmingham or surrounding area would be interested in helping me install Adjustable Bilstein 5100's up front and AAL's in the rear?

I would be willing to help out and take pictures... Also cover lunch and beer!

I would like someone experienced and has done it a few times. It would be in the next 3-6 months... just trying to get a census

·
Registered
43 Posts
:saw:
Anyone in the Birmingham or surrounding area would be interested in helping me install Adjustable Bilstein 5100's up front and AAL's in the rear?

I would be willing to help out and take pictures... Also cover lunch and beer!

I would like someone experienced and has done it a few times. It would be in the next 3-6 months... just trying to get a census

if you don't mind a trip to tuscaloosa,then i'd be willing. it won't take maybe 2-3 hrs,just depends on how much i teach and how much i goof off! let me know about when you plan to get the parts and we'll work out a weekend. :saw::welder:later

Ernie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernie,
That sounds great. I would love to do it myself (with a lot of help) gaining knowledge instead of paying a shop to do it. I installed my rear shocks so I have alittle bit of wrenching ability! (not much)

Any tools I need to bring with me? I have a 2gal. air compressor, impact wrench, and 100+ craftsman mech. toolset.

Will you be able to compress the coils yourself or would we have to take it some where?

I will hit you up closer to time... thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ernie,
That sounds great. I would love to do it myself (with a lot of help) gaining knowledge instead of paying a shop to do it. I installed my rear shocks so I have alittle bit of wrenching ability! (not much)

Any tools I need to bring with me? I have a 2gal. air compressor, impact wrench, and 100+ craftsman mech. toolset.

Will you be able to compress the coils yourself or would we have to take it some where?

I will hit you up closer to time... thanks for the reply!

i'm pretty much set on tools,including coil spring compressors. if i think it's too dangerous with my cheap set we'll take them to a shop,but we should be fine. later

Ernie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
firetaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing