TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a '98 Taco and it came stock with 15x7 rims. I ran down to Les Schab and tired to put on the Datona type 51 steel black spoke rims and they didn't fit. They tried the 15x8 and the 15x10 and they both hit the front calipers. I've seen plenty of Tacomas with these rims so I'm wondering where everybody got them or what the offset, backspacing, ect. or just the brand that will fit. Summitracing.com has good prices, if anyone knows that one of those fit let me know! They have Cragar, US Wheels, and American Racing that all look the same...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
maybe you should search, or check the FAQ, because there is a huge thread stating which 15" rims will and will not fit.

·
Registered
616 Posts
i was going to get 15 inch steel wheels on my tacoma but i was told that they would not fit by the shop that lifted my truck. instead they put black eagle alloy 101 wheels on my truck. there aluminum. check those out

·
Registered
101 Posts
hockeyplayer4 said:
i was going to get 15 inch steel wheels on my tacoma but i was told that they would not fit by the shop that lifted my truck. instead they put black eagle alloy 101 wheels on my truck. there aluminum. check those out
Blind leading the blind.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
if you are lookn' for a 15 black steel wheel... go with Wheeler's B's!! Im running those and don't have any fitment issues!

98-2000 are pretty much the same...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will end up going with wheeler's type B. How far do those stick out the sides with 33/12.50s? At least flush with the fender flare?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
mine stick out bout 1" or so.. not to bad..!

this is the closest I could find of a pic that shows how far it sticks out...

here's another...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have 33x12.5 tsls on 15x8 3.75" bs procomp52-5883 wheels. The front calipers were ground by a previous owner. I have a 95 tacoma and no wheel spacers.

If the wheels you select are the same width, but 4" bs then they will be in about 1/4", if the wheels are 3.5" bs they will stick out 1/4" more, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awsome pics those will help a lot! Thanks everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts