TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
paint or line it. dont waste your money on something that will probably break soon anyway.

·
Registered
640 Posts
herculiner is a sick look, i did that for my skid plate from budbuilt and its SICKKK do the bed liner junk on the bumper you'll be super happpy and its pretty cheap..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any sort of bedliner material (spray-on or roll-on) will chip and flake off. I used to work at line-x We did a few sets of sliders and such, but any type of rock rash or rock contact will chip line-x off. Roll-on material is cheaper than spray-on and will jump off your bumper even faster! Paint it and make touch-up easy. But just like anything else, Prep time is key!

·
Registered
270 Posts
paint, if its chrome use steel wool to scuff up the finish but keepin it smooth that way the primer will stick, ive always used krylon satin black looks better than flat and touch up is easy. had rhino lning on my front bentup didn't last three days.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I like mine better than black

·
Registered
776 Posts
I Love the look of black bumpers/grill covers.

Case in point, 04nachotaco's old paintjob.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did my rear bumper not to long ago. Not doing the front though. I used a mix of undercoating and primer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
im hunting some black bumpers and dont know if i should rino line the stock chrome ones black or go to a junkyard and find some..??
my :2cents:

Like everyone else is saying, paint will last much longer and its much easier for touch-up!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do concur, METAL is the best music to drive to, and... ROCK YOUR FUCKING FACE OFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2cents:

·
Registered
501 Posts
so what process do you guys use to paint over the chrome. do you dis assemble anything or just tape and newspaper?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts