TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Had to go evac some friends last night!

Its a horrible scene. Pretty sure the FD is lost. :(

My prayers are with everyone in that area!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dan's shop is now in the pre evac zone on the south end of the fire. Winds are blowing to the south/ south west, not good.

Fire dept is still good to go and has a steel roof

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Just got super smokey in NW Denver

·
Registered
370 Posts
Douglas County Pre evac area is just South of my parents house. If this fire jumps County Line Road it will really start traveling fast. Might be making the trip down soon

·
Registered
370 Posts
I saw today they spent 8.5 million to contain this in a week! Someone needs to check the bill!
They were probably spending around $500,000 per 24 hours on labor cost- that is a low ball figure of $20ish an hour for 1000 person crew.

Factor in the cost to fly the DC10, C130s, and all the helicopters. The cost of water, fire retardant, etc.- that figure is probably accurate

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
We were able to watch that DC10 drop a load pretty close and it was amazing. Our friend we helped evacuate had is house survive, the fire traveled counter-clockwise around it. My step brothers mom's house got missed by a block. They only had a few minutes to get out because they were near the origin of the fire. They actually still haven't been able to stay in their home cause the area is still closed for the crime scene. They sent me a picture of their mailbox at the end of the driveway covered in slurry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts