TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I really didn't take too many pics. But I'll get the thread started at least:

Orange Crusher's axle wrapping. This was when he was stopped. On the gas it was getting pretty bad.

Doug's truck with some sort of awkward loading on the leaf springs.

And the FJ40's sweet twisted driveshaft

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Lol damn... Posted at the same time as Wakkjob. Mods can you merge the two?

·
7,735 Posts
Lol damn... Posted at the same time as Wakkjob. Mods can you merge the two?
Merged. Now I can see I was WAY off my line.

And OC, your pinion angle in the rear was worse than that when you were on the gas. And don't forget, it might not be a drive shaft or a ujoint that goes... it might be the ears on your pinion. That would make a long day of recovery

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Well Wakkjobb and I got a few more pics...
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
hydro no longer helping...
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Look at the spring!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Bunker hill damage
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Doug finishing Indy
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Merged. Now I can see I was WAY off my line.

And OC, your pinion angle in the rear was worse than that when you were on the gas. And don't forget, it might not be a drive shaft or a ujoint that goes... it might be the ears on your pinion. That would make a long day of recovery
I have a spare ring and pinion for the rear. Not that I woud really want to set it up on the trail... But I understand your point. Nice wheeling with you Doug.

·
7,735 Posts
good wheeling with you too. Glad you didn't break anything this time out.

oh, and thanks for the photos! once again, I brought my camera and promptly forgot about it, so I didn't get any pix at all.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Always good to have Wakkjobb on the trail with us. Can't wait till he gets a rig out there.
Glad the Trail Whale II made it out OK. Hopefully he'll post a damage report.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Had a blast as always. I got some video its uploading right now but it might be tomorrow before they all actually upload. But here is the link so I guess you guys can periodically check if ya ount to :D

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/jbarker02/?src=wap

And after they are all done ill post a few of them up

·
Registered
734 Posts
Had a blast as always. I got some video its uploading right now but it might be tomorrow before they all actually upload. But here is the link so I guess you guys can periodically check if ya ount to :D

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/jbarker02/?src=wap

And after they are all done ill post a few of them up
Good to see you out there. You kind of went off the radar over the summer. We need to SAS that Tacoma and get you on that trail with us. :D

·
7,735 Posts
Doug spanked the exit on Indy too!

I had to grab reverse once as it was going over and take several attempts to get out in the buggy after you guys took off. But, it finally went up.
Yeah, thanks for pointing out that nub.. I was just getting ready to drop into a different gear and try spinning my way up.

Did you start off far right? I messed my shorts a little waiting for my driver front to start climbing.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
reat meeting/wheeling with you guys. The spotting was great as i got only a slight crunch in one fender flare and trashed sway bar, other than that no probs and drove the whale home.

I got some pics but the ttora uploader is suckin right now so more will be up. Anybody get a shot of the whale dropping in?
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...hp?albumid=997

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kyle, maybe you can use that broken spring piece to reinforce that ram bracket. :kewl:
Oooh... burn!! :D

It was totally worth working today to wheel yesterday.
I'm always glad to come along; maybe I'll have something besides my Nikes to wheel with next year. I don't mind taking pics and spotting either.
The more I look at 3.4 swaps I may say "screw it" and stay with a 4-cyl something.

If I ever make up my mind...
>>Dan

1 - 20 of 34 Posts