TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last year we did liberty. Anyone intrested in a black friday run down liberty again?

9am meet. After the fun we are going to eat and chill for whoever wants to. Drop in liberty then do whatever you want to get out?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Sounds fun! I would be in. In theory Doris should be in operating order by then..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hhmmmmm....

Not up for Patriot but I would be down for Liberty in and out. Any "smaller" rigs want to run Liberty this day?

·
20,355 Posts
If I am back from kansas then I am in. I will likely still be out there though.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
And the railing is gone. So you're no longer required to climb a 4ft ledge on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
So its very easy to get out. At least thats what Goldfinger said I think.
I doubt the exit is very easy to get out of, even with the railing missing.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The big hole that the right tires usually get caught up in has rocks the size of car engines in it now. Saw a basically stock looking Rubicon with 35's drive right out.
They used the rocks on the top left to fill the hole which lowered the wall on the left also. It's not east like the Liberty exit but it is much easier as opposed to what it was before.

·
Registered
430 Posts
we ran this trail a few weeks ago. coffin rock is now the most challenging obstacle on the trail. exit is still a wild ride but nothing like it used to be. when we were out there we made it out of the exit with little issue but the buggies behind us struggled. mostly because of poor spotting and a heavy foot on the gas.

if i can get my trailer repaired by then i will be there.

dan

p.s.- the stacking on the exit was done by the maintenance crew. they added a few large rocks to keep people on the trail. at least that is what the "stay the trail" people told us. the rocks are there to stay

·
Registered
734 Posts
we ran this trail a few weeks ago. coffin rock is now the most challenging obstacle on the trail. exit is still a wild ride but nothing like it used to be. when we were out there we made it out of the exit with little issue but the buggies behind us struggled. mostly because of poor spotting and a heavy foot on the gas.

if i can get my trailer repaired by then i will be there.

dan

p.s.- the stacking on the exit was done by the maintenance crew. they added a few large rocks to keep people on the trail. at least that is what the "stay the trail" people told us. the rocks are there to stay
Not sure why STT would say that. I was there and saw people push the rocks in.
Who is the maintenance crew? i.e What organization?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Aaron, You going to make it this year?
Probably not. I'm headed to Robilio's Off-Road Park the weekend before with ScottyC, CGuava, and dcastell. Honestly, after last year's parking lot run of Liberty, I'm not sure if I want to go again. I can run out there anytime and run Liberty in & out in a couple hours. Being on the trail for 7-8 hours wasn't much fun last year. Just my opinion though.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts