TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good write up. i was going to do this on saturday and had no idea what i was going to do. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
How do you remove the emblem from the grill? Also, is the Tacoma badge on the tailgate held down with just tape or does it have pins sticking out of the back that go into holes in the tailgate?

One more question, what about the SR5 badges on the back of the back door (double cab)? Just tape?

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
03trdblack said:
How do you remove the emblem from the grill? Also, is the Tacoma badge on the tailgate held down with just tape or does it have pins sticking out of the back that go into holes in the tailgate?

One more question, what about the SR5 badges on the back of the back door (double cab)? Just tape?
The grill emblem is held in with a couple screws - take the grill of and you will see. Tacoma and SR5 badging is all held done with sticky tape.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hmmm looks cool but I wonder how well it would look with my front and rear bumpers since those are chrome? Might try to photoshop my white Tacoma with black wheels so that all the chrome is in black pearl!

·
Registered
169 Posts
soundstudio315 said:
Hmmm looks cool but I wonder how well it would look with my front and rear bumpers since those are chrome? Might try to photoshop my white Tacoma with black wheels so that all the chrome is in black pearl!
BLACK IT ALL, trust me it will look sick!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's funny how black grows on you. I used to hate it, but slowly I'm warming up to black. I guess it's a side effect of growing up in the 70's and 80's when everything was chrome. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah I used to have 01 mustang GT Black of course, but trade for my 02 tacoma, except they didn't have any black trucks in stock and needed a ASAP to opted for the white (plus I live in AZ so my stang was always dusty,PIA!) Has any one done "Black Pearl" on something larger than their badges/decals?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
soundstudio315 said:
Yeah I used to have 01 mustang GT Black of course, but trade for my 02 tacoma, except they didn't have any black trucks in stock and needed a ASAP to opted for the white (plus I live in AZ so my stang was always dusty,PIA!) Has any one done "Black Pearl" on something larger than their badges/decals?
Not black pearl, but close enough...

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
The symbol on my 04 was just snapped on, no screws. I took a jewelers screwdriver and stuck it in the center of the symbol somewhere and pushed it lightly and it just pops out. I made that black, and took the door symbols off and the sr5 on the back doors off. looks cool when the black pearl truck is actually clean!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
shadymilkman said:
whatd you use for the wheels
Duplicolour wheel paint, 3 coats of 'graphite' and 2 of clear. The paint was noxious enough to have SteveO and I stoned for days afterwards.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
soundstudio315 said:
Like the grill?....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/belkster2000/detail?.dir=42ba&.dnm=82f8.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/belkster2000/detail?.dir=2482&.dnm=9267.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/belkster2000/detail?.dir=d0f4&.dnm=8641.jpg&.src=ph

...it doesn't look as good in the last one cuz it was all dusty...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Bump, for any newbs who haven't seen this?

·
Registered
259 Posts
adamgil said:
I just made mine all black a couple of weeks ago. It is holding up good. Had a big problem with getting the Toyota off the tail gate. slowly starting to tone down the whole truck. the wheels are next.
got pics? :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts