TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
N2 is no bueno for air tools. You can get about three lug nuts off before the tank is empty. Also the tanks are threaded differently as C02 uses a completely different gauge setup than nitrogen. I considered running both, but ended up going with a makita 1/2" cordless impact and a nitrogen bottle. Although not as bad ass as the snap-on cordless impacts, for half the price it is very impressive. I swapped tires on my 8 lug 2500HD on ONE battery, that's 32 uber torqued diesel lug nuts.
Damn that sucks about the n2 not lasting. They do make gauges that work with both cause i have one at the shop. It has a little fitting to swap between the two bottles. But the n2 running out is a big problem so co2 it is.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sweet rig for sure! Will you be doing the front next? As that TC kit has to be the limiting factor now.

Can't tell whether or not is 4WD tho, I don't think I see any CV Axles but not sure?

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Very nice work

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Ya its been too long. Truck sat for half a year while we waited for a part to get made and so we starting ordering up a lot of other parts hahaha. Heres a couple more with the bedsides. My camera was broken recently so these are all cell pics. Ill try to grab another camera so i can take better pics before it gets picked up

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you guys already been having fun in this thing or what? The passenger side bedside looks cracked and what's the deal with that thing next to the headlight on the front clip? Or am I just trippin?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Have you guys already been having fun in this thing or what? The passenger side bedside looks cracked and what's the deal with that thing next to the headlight on the front clip? Or am I just trippin?
Nope ive only driven it around on the street. The owner of the truck should be coming between mon-wed to come pick it up and we will probably go make a quick desert run to shake it down before he takes it home (9hrs away). Rear bedside was damaged before it arrived and i have a feeling that the owner will probably want to get tacoma TT bedsides the next time the truck comes in to the shop for a chopped front half.

The front next to the light is just a glare. The 1 piece is new and no damage

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh ok... I'm excited to see what you do to the front end next time it rolls into your shop. I've been following this build on DR. Great work as always!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Some more cell pics

Fuel lines are all black now

Everythings all ziptied up. Blue hose is fuel hose thats covering the plastic air locker line

The allusive sway bar.

Single piece driveshaft. 3.5" tube, 1350 rear joint, and 1310 up front. When the truck comes back it will have the engine pushed back about a foot so the driveline will be shortened.

A little hard to see the side plating in the pic, but a little more elaborate then the first set.

Interior was all stripped down and shot all black, minus the dash. The dash will be getting a few modifications next time its in then powder coated. I like the look of it already, but we have to fit a gps and maybe a couple other doo dads. Also made a co2 tank holder in the ext cab section, will take a pic later.

And the storage tank. Already wired for 2 optimas inside.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
awesome build! you talked about the dash, but no pictures?!
Sorry havent really been up to date on a lot of my threads haha. The dash is the same as earlier in the thread, just a new switch panel. The mods to the dash will be in the fall when the truck comes back for the front . . . and a new motor i hear.....

We did go testing earlier this week in california city and now matt has his truck back to go beat on. Hopefully he gets more pics of it in action because he just put some 35" grabbers on it.

You can see the rear is so drooped out while he was running through the whoops.

Best pic imo. He was doing a donut around me and this one came out pretty bitchin

·
Registered
915 Posts
Holy crap that thing is OFFICIAL!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
what front glass is that?
fiberwerx 05 conversion. This clip pushes the new grill like 4+ inches forward than a stock grill, so hopefully you dont have a bumper that you already like on the truck.

Side note is I talked with matt the other day and we started a new parts list for the front end. Its still classified...ish, but we do need a toyota 4.0 with manual trans and transfer case if anyone knows someone selling one in cali. If not were going junkyard shopping

·
Registered
222 Posts
Pretty sure there was one for sale on DR for the longest time, don't think it ever sold, can't remember the username at the moment though.

This truck just keeps getting more & more badass :cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
fiberwerx 05 conversion. This clip pushes the new grill like 4+ inches forward than a stock grill, so hopefully you dont have a bumper that you already like on the truck.

Side note is I talked with matt the other day and we started a new parts list for the front end. Its still classified...ish, but we do need a toyota 4.0 with manual trans and transfer case if anyone knows someone selling one in cali. If not were going junkyard shopping
Steve,
Might be worth checking in to this.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/parts-accessories/160945.htm

I bought some coilovers from Eric like a year ago and I know he has had that motor/trans for sale for quite a while. Not sure if it will work for you but just throwing it your way in case it helps!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Just checked it out and its not 4wd. Id like avoid any issues with the ecu, swapping trans, etc. Though i do really like the xrunner oil pans. There are quite a few junkyards that have these engines so im sure well find one. Just throwing out the option if someone was trying to get rid of one that is what we want.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
30 Participants
SafetyDang
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing