TTORA Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Been a little while. Had some hold ups, but the truck is coming along.

Large C&R trans cooler in front of a CBR race-class radiator w/ dual 16in fans.

It was a snug fit, but the power steering reservoir fit perfectly!

The steering setup only needs a few more lines made and then its ready to go. We just finished up the steering shaft supports today but I forgot to get updated pics.

The bumper is going to be a tight valance with RG style smasher up front.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Still waiting on wiring before the truck heads out for aluminum work,* but here's some update pics for those of you not following on ig (these pics are much better res anyways).

Cut the old dash out to make room for the huge air filter and a new dash.

Some under hood shots

We also welded in an air purge valve to get all the air out of the cooling system

After we get the front drive shaft figured out and in we'll build a skid plate to protect the exhaust and trans pan

Cleaned up the fuel lines to avoid the drive shafts and exhaust

Trans filter and PS steering servo with ss ptfe hoses

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Amazing work. Truck looks bad ass. Wish I could drive it here on the beach.

Is that an in cab air filter?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've been away from ttora for a bit. This build is out of control!! Way fucking awesome!!
The last post is a few months old. Any updates Socalmoto???

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I should be getting good finished pics of this truck soon. Ive driven it a couple times in the dunes and it is very fun!! It drives just like a full size rzr and sounds like a trophy truck. We pulled the engine one last time to get a cam, arp stud everything, and a tune. With the headers were hoping the engine will get a real 500hp at the crank. The cam is the same one from the gm crate ls3/525hp.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
30 Participants
SafetyDang
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing