TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought an 02' double cab with mickey thompson classic lock wheels. I like the wheels and all but I was really wanting black ones. just wondering if anyone has done this before and knows a good way to make the chrome wheels black and still make it look alright.

02' double cab, trailmaster 6" lift, 33" BFG M/T's

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well i am doing this to my stock steelies in the spring time, im not sure if it will work on chrome, dont see why not but i dont know...
First i am going to lightly sand the steel to get it a little rough, then i am going to spray RUST OLEUM HAMMERITE.
People on this board have done this and they look the same as buying from wheelers or wherever...good luck, its a little too cold out here to paint them or i would be doing it...

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
adamgil said:
just bought an 02' double cab with mickey thompson classic lock wheels. I like the wheels and all but I was really wanting black ones. just wondering if anyone has done this before and knows a good way to make the chrome wheels black and still make it look alright.

02' double cab, trailmaster 6" lift, 33" BFG M/T's
Ive got wheelers black alloys on my 2002 V6 that are made by procomp so far love them but the only drawback is the balanceing of the tires. Since they are powdercoated i wanted some stick weights so i dont fawk up the powdercoat well after they were what i thought were balanced they were still off so i had my buddy use those regular weights so now when i get the tires rotated and balanced i have to paint over any chips. If your looking for black rims get some steelies. As far as i know those are'nt powdercoated they are painted black.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Oh, my, gawd have there been a lot of "black wheel" posts lately, LOL!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/155437/side33.jpg

These were chrome Mickey T Classic IIs. I bought them from a buddy who painted them with Duplicolor Wheel Coating. The paint is available in black, silver, and gunmetal (mine are gunmetal).

We need a black wheel folder...

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I hope so, though the influx of new members will always bring up the same old topics, but that's life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts