TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My searches didn't bring up anything on this subject...

What's the big scare here with having your plate #'s in pics. How is this any different from someone getting our plate # in a parking lot or driving down the street? Is it because of the volume of people who can access it by internet or what? Some people black it out, some don't bother. Is it a matter of staying anonymous online?:confused:

·
Banned
722 Posts
Lots of debate and the only real thing they can do w/ it is get your address so I guess potentially "someone" could find a truck online that they like, get the address and go take a look and "magically" you truck disappears and yeah I suppose it's a high volume internet thing. Does it help? Who knows but why not?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I've never understood that either.

I guess if I was hiding from somebody or something I might be worried, but I'm pretty sure nobody wants to kill me today.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Lots of debate and the only real thing they can do w/ it is get your address so I guess potentially "someone" could find a truck online that they like, get the address and go take a look and "magically" you truck disappears and yeah I suppose it's a high volume internet thing. Does it help? Who knows but why not?

That would be traceable though... as I believe you have to pay a fee and register to get that information from a DMV ?...

I don't worry about it... But sometimes like to display a message...

·
Banned
722 Posts
That would be traceable though... as I believe you have to pay a fee and register to get that information from a DMV ?...

There are sites online to do it so if you had a stolen credit card and used a public IP then it'd be pretty hard to find out who did it that way.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
There are sites online to do it so if you had a stolen credit card and used a public IP then it'd be pretty hard to find out who did it that way.
Oh... well in that case...

Come find me Mother Fawkers... I'll be sure to give you a genuine welcome ;)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Im with TacoDell on this.

If you see me on the freeway, what keeps you from reading my plate as I pass you in the slow lane???? Or in a parking lot at Wal-Mart? Fuck, I dont shop at Wal-mart, unless I am on company time....lol

So why blackout the plate in pics? Cause some fucking tool might come to my house and steal my shit? Oh well, thats half of the reason I have THEFT coverage on ALL of my rigs. Conversley, I would only get KBB value from it, but I do have some *certain* mods that make moving my rig not 'user friendly'.

Those who hide behind their plates can be found. And those who photochop thier plates, dont have rigs worth stealing.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Those who hide behind their plates can be found. And those who photochop thier plates, dont have rigs worth stealing.
Extra angry tonight?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
If you are a vendor that is publicizing a product that displays a customer's license plate, good business practice would dictate you black it out. Other then that, its just how paranoid you are and whether you are trying to hide something. I would definately recommend you black out the plates if the pic shows you doing something illegal like a hit and run. :eek:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I think if some dumbass wants to drive all the way from the east coast to steal my truck... If he can get away with it... he'll probably carry buckshot in his ass for the rest of his life... a reminder from me everytime he sits in my junk... ;)

Now for the local punks...

Why should it be any different... LOL

·
Registered
483 Posts
my license plate is signed by charleton heston, so you better check yo self before you reck yourself cause mossberg slugs are bad for your health. peace love and glocks

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
This isn't even close to a Truck tech topic.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Oh it's Newbie Tech...

They're still trying to figure out what a truck is... ;)

Besides... no one invited you to this party... man :D

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I just take the first number and copy it over the other numbers...

Kuinda freaky when you see 6M666666

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I was just waiting for that, bet if it was in off-topic it wouldn't be off-topic enough for that section.:rolleyes:
A license plate can be on a truck, and editing pic's using tech-nology....

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

I like your rig but I'd make the drive for the simple pleasure of whipping your ASS!:flipoff2:

On another note dude, PM me. I inadvertantly deleted your addy:D . No seriously.

OOPs, I just got it! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I just take the first number and copy it over the other numbers...

Kuinda freaky when you see 6M666666

I made the mistake of TRYING to read David Hale's plate.

I think his reads something like "XYXYXYXS" or something like that. My eyes bleeded after thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts