TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 dub cab v6 auto

I am going to put an extended brake line on the rear to give me a little insurance when I flex the 3"lifted taco. Do I need to bleed the brakes after adding the extended line? If so how do I do it?

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
YES!
there are three valves you will need to bleed. Use a 10mm open end wrench, and some clear tube, and a small catch pale. Add extra brake fluid to the resivior. Then open the the valve on the right rear tire, attach the tube, line it up with the pale, and have a buddy pump the brake pedal until you see no air coming out of the valve. when you see no air exiting, close the valve mid pump. You'll need to keep an eye on the resivor to make sure it doesn't drain (you can damage it this way). Top it up again, and repeat for the left durm, and once again for the LSPV mounted to the frame, near where the brake line attaches to the frame.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info. thanks for the quick response. How much fluid do I lose with each pump. In other words, how many pumps is the resevoir good for?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Dieck said:
Great info. thanks for the quick response. How much fluid do I lose with each pump. In other words, how many pumps is the resevoir good for?
I bled all four brakes today and hardly used any fluid at all. It all depends on how much air will be in the lines. I would do one and check the level just to be sure. You have to push all the air that is in those new lines out.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
bleed em' good!

Dieck said:
02 dub cab v6 auto

I am going to put an extended brake line on the rear to give me a little insurance when I flex the 3"lifted taco. Do I need to bleed the brakes after adding the extended line? If so how do I do it?
you don't HAVE to, but you might be committing suicide if you don't, lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts