TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 Taco with anti-lock brakes. When bleeding these anti-lock brakes, is there anything special to do or are they like normal ones? I did a search but didnt find much .But i did see this ....
"the proper way to bleed tacoma brakes is RR, LR, RF, LF and then the LSPV."

Is the LSPV on all Tacos or just a special option? I know the fluid has to travel thruogh the "anti-lock pump" (thats my ******* name for it). Is that the same thing as the LSPV?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes you bleed them the same way and in that order. The LSPV is the load sencing proportioning valve under the bed.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
Ive never bled the LSPV. Just RR LR RF LF.
I do it but you can most likely get away from having to do it because it's right inline with the LR bleader. I like to do it because ist's a high point...blah, blah! ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
ABS Warining Light On - I just installed an extended rear brake line in preperatiopn for new leafs in the rear. We only bled the LR and RR and I'm guessing because we didn't bleed the brakes in the correct order (RR, LR, RF, LF) this is why my ABS warning light is now on. Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Your ABS light isn't activated by air in the lines.... You might have disconnected/broken one of the sensors though... I'd check that first...

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Wouldn't it seem more logical to bleed the LSPV first?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts