TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the wiring just be switched between the blinker and the corner lights so that the corner will blink and the stock blinker will just come on when head lights are on? Of course I would put white bulbs in the stock blinker location and amber bulbs in the corners.

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
I don't believe the wires are long enough to just switch them around like that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is there a Write-up anywhere that you guys have seen on making the parking lights the blinker?

Brian

·
Registered
297 Posts
You should just be able to cut the wires and splice in another longer piece and do it that way. I dont see any reason why that wouldnt work. Seems simpler that way too.
-Scott

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Reckelhoff said:
Is there a Write-up anywhere that you guys have seen on making the parking lights the blinker?

Brian
That is a good write up, but for a simpler solution jsut use a 1" hole saw & but the blinker just below the parking light so they are both up there- simple & no wiring required. :)

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
valkyrie said:
That is a good write up, but for a simpler solution jsut use a 1" hole saw & but the blinker just below the parking light so they are both up there- simple & no wiring required. :)

The only downside to this is if you have the stock bumper you now have some "dead" lights up front. You'll have to wire up those dead lights either to your parking light wires or to a toggle switch.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The write up mentions low and high wattage. I know the stock corners are low wattage and the stock blinkers are the high wattage but is it the wiring or the bulbs themselves that are high and low. I'm a little electrically challenged but I would think the bulbs are high and low and the wires are all the same right?

·
Registered
473 Posts
hey

I just cut a hole (a 1" or so hole with a small drill bit mind you) in the corner light, extended the wires going to the blinker bulbs, and siliconed them into the corner lights. I now have 2 bulbs in each corner light reflector. Definitely not rocket science. After that you can cut away some of the tupperware since you wont be needing those blinkers anymore.
-Dan

·
Registered
363 Posts
how do i keep my blinker from blinking so fast?
I did the blinker mod as my Schrockworks bumper does not have any light provisions available... by choice that is.

Using the install method that NorCalPr did (Phil - thanks for your info by the way), my blinkers blink fast as hell.

What is the fix for this? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks again Phil.

Later.

·
Registered
94 Posts
just cut and extend the wires to switch them around. you wont have to worry about it from then on. its super simple. ive done it on 4 of my rigs over the years.

·
Registered
363 Posts
So I ask, is there a fix for the turn signals blinking at a faster interval after doing this mod?
When I turn on the hazard lights, they blink at the normal interval. I can't figure this one out.

Any suggestions?

Later.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Holy Shit!

Good use of the search button! :xbeer3:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yep, there is a different bulb that goes in the same socket and then it blinks at the normal rate. I did it with mine and like it the way that it is now much better. It has been a little while, but from memory I believe that the bulb is a #921

·
Registered
363 Posts
Dream Machine... funny. How do you think I found the install link dork.

Later.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep, there is a different bulb that goes in the same socket and then it blinks at the normal rate. I did it with mine and like it the way that it is now much better. It has been a little while, but from memory I believe that the bulb is a #921
Thanks for the heads up. So you're saying the #921 works... for the OEM socket?
I did my install with the socket # 85814 from Auto zone and used the #194 bulb.
All works great just want to rid of the quicker interval.

Thanks for the reply.

Later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
DopuS
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing