TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know what the blinker mod is all about and what it does. Ran a search but couldn;t find very many threads about it. Thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
Portman said:
Just curious to know what the blinker mod is all about and what it does. Ran a search but couldn;t find very many threads about it. Thanks.
It relocates, or is in addition to, the front blinker to the side marker next to the head light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there any way someone can post a picture of this . . . sorry, very visual person
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
Portman said:
is there any way someone can post a picture of this . . . sorry, very visual person
The clear bulb you can barely see is the parking light, that was there from the factory, the big orange bulb was from the front blinkers, used a hole saw to drill a hole in the corner light housing, dremmelled off the socket from the original blinker light, contoured it to fit on the back of the corner light, done.

"Janster" has a write up on her site about a different way to do it, but it still involves a bit of trimming.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
mudferret said:
The clear bulb you can barely see is the parking light, that was there from the factory, the big orange bulb was from the front blinkers, used a hole saw to drill a hole in the corner light housing, dremmelled off the socket from the original blinker light, contoured it to fit on the back of the corner light, done.
Mudferret,
So you just added the extra bulb to your existing blinker set up? That must have been pretty easy. Any more pics?
Cheers,
P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
There are actually multiple different 'blinker mods'. The one illustrated above (commonly called the 'corner blinker mod') puts a blinker in the corner pod. This can be used to augment or replace / relocate the OEM blinker from the bumper. This one requires some tweaking to install a blinker bulb. There's another 'blinker mod' that cross-wires the bumper blinker and a corner lamp so that they alternate blinking when the turn signal is engaged. This one doesn't require corner bulb replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,360 Posts
Havent seen that yet personally. Everyone i know that has done it has done so due to the addition a a front bumper in order to retain front turn signals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Havent seen that yet personally. Everyone i know that has done it has done so due to the addition a a front bumper in order to retain front turn signals.

Yeah I figured as much just thought I ask. I'll see what I can come up with on my own.

Thanks
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top