TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side mid bass blew. As much as I would like to do a full audio sysem in their I don't have the money. I would like to put the infinity Kappas in their but they are 5 1/4 and apparetnly it takes a 5x7. Anyone know if the 5 1/4 will fit? I might be willing to spring for a 2 channle amp if need be to power the speakers... any other suggestions?

·
Registered
117 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
My passenger side mid bass blew. As much as I would like to do a full audio sysem in their I don't have the money. I would like to put the infinity Kappas in their but they are 5 1/4 and apparetnly it takes a 5x7. Anyone know if the 5 1/4 will fit? I might be willing to spring for a 2 channle amp if need be to power the speakers... any other suggestions?
i have infinity kappas in mine ride. got them for 198 shipped to my door. i have 6 1/2 tho. they fit just with a lil trimming to the bracket. my truck is a 99. since you live in the OC, you could come by and check out my set up if you like. im in walnut.:xbeer1:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good setup here

4BYnTacoma said:
I would just go for the 5x7 speakers. Keep the stock head unit, and buy a high level signal convertor here for $6.00 and then power your nifty new 5x7s with a small 2-channel amp.

It's a cheap setup, but it works!
:xcrazy:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the signal convertor for? I am assuming what you are recomending is that I but a 5x7 speaker and the signal convertor has something to do with powering the tweeters that are there??? So I would have highs coming from teh speaker as well as the stock tweeters?

·
Registered
279 Posts
The signal converter he is talking about is usually rewffered to as line level converter. It allows you to hook an amp up to your stock headunit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Converter

4BYnTacoma said:
What is the signal convertor for? I am assuming what you are recomending is that I but a 5x7 speaker and the signal convertor has something to do with powering the tweeters that are there??? So I would have highs coming from teh speaker as well as the stock tweeters?
The converter takes the speaker wires that come from the back of your stock head unit and basically change them to RCA outputs.

Most aftermarket stereo systems come with these RCA outputs auotmatically on the back of them.

If you do not want to convert them to low-level RCA outputs, a lot of amps on the market take hi-level (speaker wire) input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts