TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the sweet tacoma traction bar made by blue devil it has the weld on bracket for the axle, and i have part of the front mount i used,i cut it off the carrier cross member, it can be reused and made to work pretty easy, i can draw a pic of the bracket the front part came off of, and it should be really easy to duplicate, or you could go and get one of blue devils front cross members to mount it, it's like new, only on for like a month,its $285 new, $250 shipped to you, its pretty heavy, and long so shipping is gonna be alittle bit

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/guapotaco/bluedevil.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
In fact you should get a new crossmember to mount it. Either that or beef up the carrier crossmember. Alone, it's not strong enough for the traction bar.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have mine to that same crossmember and havent had any problems for a while now. Even though, I would still like to build a new crossmember for it becuase that carrier one is made of sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Because it will tear it up. I know because mine did. I have known Mark for years and mine was the very first Tacoma his track bar was ever put on.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
You can simply beef up what you have and it will be OK. A certian amount of R&D was done with mine too.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he should just insist that it uses a new cross member then and forget about that happening,dont know why these 4x companies let you tear it up before you realize its not beefy enough, and why put something out thats not completely bomber, or at least say something, i dont understand the off rd industry at all, seems dumb to me to put your customers through all that if things get tore up,and then their going to claim off rd only or some shit, i'm just going to make my own stuff from now on, i'm tired of doing things twice when someone claims they have it dialed, and it ain't, this has happened too much with my rig already

·
Registered
95 Posts
can you draw a pic of the part your talking about also cAN i get measurements i want to try to see if i can use this on my 85 4runner

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
been away from the computer, please pm me with your # and i'll call you if your still interested

1 - 11 of 11 Posts