TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get a list together of who was interested in coming. For those of you who don't know the Blue Lagoon is two small lakes/ponds in Huntsville for diving. Non-divers are welcome to come hang-out and swim. I plan to be there early Saturday morning and leave mid morning on Sunday. I will be camping and probably doing a night dive or two. This should be fun for divers and non-divers alike.

Post up if you want to come and when you will show and whether or not you plan to camp. Rates are on there website.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I just came from Huntsville this Monday and I dropped by the Blue Lagoon while I was there just to check it out. Luckly the owner was there; I talked to him a little and he mentioned a couple of things that I was not aware about. The most intresting was only licensed divers can be allowed to swim in there or a small group of people that is acompanied with a licensed scuba diver; how many he wasn't clear.
I guess you are licensed? It is a nice place, way out in the boonys; it reminded me of the waters in Cancun, clear blue waters. The lakes are all filled with spring water and rain of course. I would like to snorkal in those lakes.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as you show up with divers I don't think they will give you any trouble. They just don't want it turning into a swimming park.

Since it’s an old limestone quarry the PH is very high so there is no plant life and next to no fish. So there is not much to see while snorkeling. You usually can not see the bottom from the top either.

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
I will be there. Im licensed and so is Brad so it should be cool. Hell just to have a chance to get away from it all for a while will be the best part

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
I will be there. Im licensed and so is Brad so it should be cool. Hell just to have a chance to get away from it all for a while will be the best part

cool, its always nice to get away. hopefully my wife doesn't have a garden project for us that weekend. LOL

Hey vince, I still owe you that fishing trip. We'll talk later...

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
hell yeah! I have a small boat that isnt too bad in the bay on a clear calm day. We can get together sometime soon and make it happen

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Come on guys, I know some of you can dive and some of you just need to get away for a few hours. If you need me to call your wife and ask if you can borrow your nuts from her for the weekend I dont mind!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
Come on guys, I know some of you can dive and some of you just need to get away for a few hours. If you need me to call your wife and ask if you can borrow your nuts from her for the weekend I dont mind!

:lmao: :lmao: :rofl:

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Why does all the shit on this board get planned when i already have something going on?!?!?!? I will be at the tether car races on saturday and sunday of that week

·
Registered
186 Posts
me and a couple of buddies were just talking about that place today, i'd like to go and see it, i heard the water is really clear

·
Registered
192 Posts
What's the water temperature (on average) this time of year?

I don't have a wet suit. Since most of my diving is in the Caribbean, I don't plan on buying one either. Heh.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's only 30 feet so it gets warm pretty quick.

·
Registered
192 Posts
duaggie said:
It's only 30 feet so it gets warm pretty quick.
You say that. We go to Smith Lake in Vidor to test our gear out. It's only about 18 feet at the deepest, and in the middle of May the temp was still around 65. That's cold without a suit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is Smith lake Spring Feed? I remember it being cold in summer.

The lagoon in the summer would be unbareable in a wet suit. The clarity of the lagoon may add to the water getting warmer earlier or I may be full of shit.

You could always rent a wet suit from a dive shop or buy a cheap one from academy.

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
freaking job, now I will be working that weekend, and probably not doing jack at work cause my rig is in the yard for repairs then it might go to storage or to nigeria (without me thats for damn sure)

·
Registered
453 Posts
If I'm not at the deer lease that week end turkey hunting I'll be there. I'm only about 15 miles away from the lagoon...

I'll be hanging out since I don't dive...................

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
im a no-go once again.. i dont think ill ever get to use my gear...
gonna be somewhere between az and socal :(

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I reserved us a covered area on Gorilla Beach. It's on the far side of Lagoon 1.

They said the water temp is in the mid 60's right now, so you may want to bring a short 3 mil. They also said the there are not a lot of classes going on this time of year so it shouldn't be to crowded.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts