TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is probably a extremley stupid question, but when i was putting in my fuse block i noticed there was not a terminal for a ground wire? on my other fuse block from blue sea it had a positive terminal on one end and on the other end it had a negitive terminal on the other end. this one just has a positive.

so my question is, wtf do i do for a ground connection? or is it even necessary?(which im pretty sure it is?)

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
ok this is probably a extremley stupid question, but when i was putting in my fuse block i noticed there was not a terminal for a ground wire? on my other fuse block from blue sea it had a positive terminal on one end and on the other end it had a negitive terminal on the other end. this one just has a positive.

so my question is, wtf do i do for a ground connection? or is it even necessary?(which im pretty sure it is?)
You don't need a ground. The fuse box simply distrubites positive current. You can ground to the frame, body, or directly to the negative of the battery for each of your accessories.

:shame: No flaming in the Newbie section, n00b! Although I have to give you credit, that's a funny GIF.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need a ground. The fuse box simply distrubites positive current. You can ground to the frame, body, or directly to the negative of the battery for each of your accessories.

:shame: No flaming in the Newbie section, n00b! Although I have to give you credit, that's a funny GIF.
ok thanks, thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure. and the flaming doesnt bother me especially coming from someone with a whole 28 posts...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
The BlueSea block is designed for boats (which generally have non conductive fiberglass hulls) and therefore it is highly valuable to have a convenient place to distribute ground wires from. In a steel truck, you can attach the ground to just about anywhere, and use the structure to distribute the ground path...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The BlueSea block is designed for boats (which generally have non conductive fiberglass hulls) and therefore it is highly valuable to have a convenient place to distribute ground wires from. In a steel truck, you can attach the ground to just about anywhere, and use the structure to distribute the ground path...
Assuming you upgrade your chassis ground. I cant speak for trucker newer than 95, but on my 95 and my 92 when I upgraded my chassis ground (2ga wired in with winch ground) my truck started MUCH better, telling me the OEM ground isnt big enough for OEM tasks :D I will say the chassis ground on my 07 looks to be much bigger, but I will be upgrading that too.

You can buy the bluesea fuse blocks w/ or w/out a ground connector. For 99% of the stuff your wiring in your truck just use a chassis ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts