TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
I need help. I am looking for pictures any of you might have from BOAM 06 at FJ. Please send me a link to your photos. It is important that I look through what you have. I will explain later...
In my photos I see Carlos, Dan, Eric, Kirk, Uriel, and a few others...

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An update to this post. The reason I wanted photos was for plate identification of a fellow wheelers rig. His truck was stolen some time ago and we recently identified part of his rig on a craigslist post. A guy was selling the tires from the rig, but in the corner of the photo you could see the square sliders I built for that rig about 5 years ago. Not many yotas like that with square sliders. Anyway, we were able to identify his rig and the family got the truck back! So, it took a two year vacation from its owner and came back with just a missing winch and battery. So, a good ending for this wheeler.
Thanks

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
An update to this post. The reason I wanted photos was for plate identification of a fellow wheelers rig. His truck was stolen some time ago and we recently identified part of his rig on a craigslist post. A guy was selling the tires from the rig, but in the corner of the photo you could see the square sliders I built for that rig about 5 years ago. Not many yotas like that with square sliders. Anyway, we were able to identify his rig and the family got the truck back! So, it took a two year vacation from its owner and came back with just a missing winch and battery. So, a good ending for this wheeler.
Thanks
That's AWESOME news Nate! :cool:

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, real props go to Uriel for spotting the edge of the sliders I biult for Jovan years ago. The guy had covered the rig with a tarp to take the pics of the tires, but on one of the pics you could see the rear part of the driver side slider. I matched it up with the pics I had from when I built them, and they were the ones. I remember building those for him and lots of guys talking smack about square sliders. It ended up being the sole reason the rig was recognized and recovered. Anyway, props to Jovan for noticing the details. Thieves will begin to realize that steeling from the offroad community is not a sure bet anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts