TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a lurker for the most part, especially lately since I quit my job where I just browsed the net all day. I got this message today:
Hello Brandon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?​
So I thought I'd post up pics of my bed that got chopped up last weekend. I only welded up the outter skins and half of the inner side skins. I haven't done anything with the bottom and haven't touched any bondo yet. I ran out of time so I just put some primer on there to keep it from rusting. I also don't know what I'm going to do about the rear bumper yet.

Unfortunately, the only pic I have after the primer is from a camera phone.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I can't believe you did that to the old king rig.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I wish I hadn't seen that... :(

Yeah I was hoping you wouldn't have to either......

Now I have to keep my tacoma becasuse I'm the only one with the ivan stewart limited edition decals that I know of. :D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, it's cool- it's yours and it certainly will help on the trail... I've cut other trucks, but I couldn't have done it to that (unless it was really fucked up :D).

Is the little jeep shit a friend of yours or just another internet coward?
He's a friend of mine, I told him to check out this thread. I thought it was funny how 1/2 the people criticized about the stickers. I don't like stickers and would've had them removed eventually whether I bobbed the bed or not. The first "mod" I made to my old '04 was removing all the emblems and the TRD stickers.

To all you haters, just keep your mouth shut next if you don't have something better to say. I see plenty of gay shit that people do to their trucks on here but I don't usually take time to write a reply telling them how stupid they are. Resist the temptation to hit the reply button and just move on next time. :rolleyes:

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
No biggie to me- actually the first thing I did was strip it bare myself.. ended up sticking TRD stickers on later then the Ivan TRD ones replaced them before he came down to visit.

Did you get the bedside fixed? I couldn't tell from the pics...

Is there still gonna be enough room in the bed to use the spare tire mount?

Since you are willing to re-work the rear bumper, have you thought about dropping the body lift and re-working the front bumper? You'd have to ditcht he flares and cut the fenders, but...?

·
Registered
532 Posts
To all you haters, just keep your mouth shut next if you don't have something better to say. I see plenty of gay shit that people do to their trucks on here but I don't usually take time to write a reply telling them how stupid they are. Resist the temptation to hit the reply button and just move on next time. :rolleyes:
who are you talking too? i dont see any haters here. nobody said one thing about anything being gay except your jeep friend and my response to him.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
this neeeewb is defanitly not starting out on the right foot lol!!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No biggie to me- actually the first thing I did was strip it bare myself.. ended up sticking TRD stickers on later then the Ivan TRD ones replaced them before he came down to visit.

Did you get the bedside fixed? I couldn't tell from the pics...

Is there still gonna be enough room in the bed to use the spare tire mount?

Since you are willing to re-work the rear bumper, have you thought about dropping the body lift and re-working the front bumper? You'd have to ditcht he flares and cut the fenders, but...?
Yea the dent was fixed within a week or two but I didn't have it painted because I wanted to bob it.

The spare tire and box take up about 90% of the bedspace so it looks like we're packing light for camping this year.

I'd love to take out the BL but it would be too much work for me right now. Along with the front bumper, the sliders and belly pan would also have to be redone. I'd also like a crawler at some point and a BL or hacking up the seat mounts would be req'd. So for now, it'll have to stay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts