TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bobbed my bed on the Taco, and after measuring what came out I was at 12 of excess material". I justy wanted to see what others had removed. I cannot see removing much more since the hangers would stick out. Mine will place the face of the tailgate flush with the end of the frame. Then the bumper will be welded to that. So I will have about 2" past the tailgate. I cut the framerails right where the rear of the hanger is mounted, I think I even cut into those a little. It was a scarry proposition since I had to use a torch initally to get the bumper off since I built it to handle an impact from an 18 wheeler.... I was like a cat on a hot tin roof looking for fire in my garage.
So, if anyone can remember how much they cut off that would be cool, just for comparison purposes.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool. I thought I was close to what you guys were doing, but wasn't sure. I may be closer to 13" also, but won't really know until I get everything final trimmed and fit. I may also do a minor dovetail..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts