TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the size of a double cab tacoma bed. IM gonna bob my reg. cab bed and want to put on a softtopper for the double cab on. How much inches do I bob it. I think its 12.5 but not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
aztaco1 said:
whats the size of a double cab tacoma bed. IM gonna bob my reg. cab bed and want to put on a softtopper for the double cab on. How much inches do I bob it. I think its 12.5 but not sure. Thanks
Fawking genus!!

I'll be watching this thread!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
aztaco1 said:
that's what i did when i did my bob. i THINK its 61 inches from the outside rail to the outside of the tailgate. im not 100% on that but go to a dealership and doublecheck, thats what i did. i havent put a shell on it yet but i will be when i find that money tree.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
aztaco1 said:
I know I've seen this before and the cabs are not the same so a shell will not line up, but since your using a softtopper, your good to go!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I saw a white Reg. cab with a double cab shell on it but searched and couldnt find it. Thats why im going with the soft topper because all of them are flat up front and will line up. Any one now where the picture is.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
aztaco1 said:
Just ran a google search and all the applicable results claim 61.5" (including the Toyota site). None of them say whether that's the inside or outside dimension. I would assume inside, though.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
You're best to have the topper there when re-attatching the bed..Fit the bed to the topper..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im in tucson,az. Im gonna go to the dealership today or tomorrow to get some measurements. I'll post up what I get. thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks man thats the pic I was looking for. Thats why im gonna get the softtopper so it doesn't have the countour, and wont be taller cause they run a little short.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whos got 63" chevy springs and bobbed there bed. I would like to see how much shackle is hangin out. My shackle would be at the edge of the frame. anyone have pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts