Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Rattle Can

Votes: 48 77.4%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you'll recommend for coating a rear tube bumper and why? Have not seen this thread posted yet? If this is the wrong area, then please move to the correct one?
TX's for you'lls response.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Powder coating usually holds up better. Or so I would think... But the nice thing with rattle canning it is it is easy to fix up if need to be and it is cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Powder coating generally looks a lot better; rattle can makes for easier touch ups and is cheaper

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Just depends on whether or not you actually plan on using the vehicle. If so, go rattle can. A powdercoat finish will DEFINITELY chip if you actually use your armor. Once it chips, there's no stopping it and there's no repair, other than just blasting it all off and starting over. Rattle can is cheap and easy to repair.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have gone ahead and gotten all my armor parts (except skid plates) powder coated, BUT before I install I give a couple good coats of flat black rustoeum. This makes "matching" the inevitable scrapes easy. I have not had any problems with my powder coating pealing/comming off en-mass.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I like the rattle can. It's easy to fix when it gets hit. But, guess if you got the cash, go for powder coat. My vote is for rattle can.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
My sliders are rattle can.
Only thing I powder coated was my custom tool box, bed bar and bed rail.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Rattle Can... Rattle Can... Rattle Can...

Rattle can noob...

for the price of your bumper...

I could have paid three ho's to rattle can the shit wearing bikini's

At least the entertainment would be money well spent... :D

Damn Squids never learn anything... they just retire... :flipoff3:

And this has been covered before... way to :deadhors:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
:saw::welder::lmao::2cents::eek::D:xpimp::stfu::explode::xbeer2::xbeer3::xpopcorn2:clap::bitchslap:xsmash::xsmash::xsmash::worthless:spw::suicide::jack::supergay::buttkick::asshat::dualing::google::bump::spam::jawdrop::fart::bhump::bhump::bhump::bhump::deadhors::deadhors::deadhors::deadhors::newbie::newbie::newbie::newbie::newbie:

just rattle can the shit:xrocker::xrocker::banghead::bitchslap:clap::flipoff1::flipoff1::flipoff1::flipoff4::flipoff4:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for the price of your bumper...

I could have paid three ho's to rattle can the shit wearing bikini's

At least the entertainment would be money well spent... :D

Damn Squids never learn anything... they just retire... :flipoff3:

And this has been covered before... way to :deadhors:
just rattle can the shit:flipoff4::flipoff4:
Tx's u 2 4 your response, now :stfu: and get your :xpopcorn: an :xbeer3: !

·
Registered
741 Posts
rattle can, cheaper, easy to fix touch ups, lots of colors to choose from, and it holds up to powder coating.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D. almost ready for cleghorn again? no excuse not to go on every trail now.
Can't make it. Will be flying back from Bath, Maine on the 09 June. Needs of the Navy still, till I retire Nov 07.

·
Registered
779 Posts
rattlecan !Powdercoat = taking it to shop dropping it off waiting... PRICEY! rattle can for all resons above!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What about the spray on bedliner stuff. One of my Sgt. Majors, when I was in the Corps, had the outside of his CJ7 Rino lined. It didn't look show worthy. But he didn't have to worry about scratches when we went out.

Just a thought

·
Registered
597 Posts
i rattle canned everything even the arb that came with powder coating, the coatin was scratching easier than the rattle can finish, its time for a repaint soon before i head to the beach i think i am just goin to get rustoleum in the can and use a foam brush and roller cause i dont feel like takin it off the truck and when its so damn windy outside rattle can gets over everything cept waht you want it to

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
What about the spray on bedliner stuff. It didn't look show worthy. But he didn't have to worry about scratches when we went out.

Just a thought
Scratches ?

Hmmm... the bottom of my sliders have gouges and dents in the metal... not just paint scratches...

I wouldn't use anything but rattle can... that is if one even uses these for their intended purpose...

If one doesn't like the hassle of touch up... then do the SS units like the Dick has... No need to paint or do any coating those :2cents:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Rust Oleum "Hammered Finish". Get a good brush and brush the sucker all around. that's what i did with my sliders. It's a pretty thick finish.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Rust Oleum "Hammered Finish". Get a good brush and brush the sucker all around. that's what i did with my sliders. It's a pretty thick finish.
did it come out lookin decent, im not too worried about the look though it will just get scratched, and dented again, but as long as it doesnt look like shiat, has it been holdin up better in your opinion then reg. rustoleum

1 - 20 of 35 Posts