TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats you take on Body damage???

I know i try my best not to get it, but when i do oh well its part of the sport... My truck is not my daily driver..heck its my 3rd choice, its basically just a trail rig now and i still want keep it pretty, but at the same time i'll probally never fix the damage...

-David

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
I try not to get any, But I don't go wheeling enough anymore to have to worry. :rolleyes:

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
I always try to avoid it! I have a nice big rocker panel dent (you've seen it) and a coupld dents here and there around the cab/tailgate but I definately try to avoid any more - my truck is my daily driver and I would want it to stay nice even if it wasn't.

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
Since my truck is also my DD, I have to wheel with the state of mind that on Monday, I need to drive the same truck to work. That mellows out my propensity to drop the hammer and gun it through an obstacle. I've resigned myself to be cool with knicks and small dents here and there. I would probably have a hard time dealing with a smashed fender or door however...

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Davidtaco said:

I know i try my best not to get it, but when i do oh well its part of the sport... My truck is not my daily driver..heck its my 3rd choice, its basically just a trail rig now and i still want keep it pretty, but at the same time i'll probally never fix the damage...

-David
I'm starting to not care, hence the signature.
When I went to Moab for the first time in October, I had no body damage. After Hell's Revenge and Cliffhanger, I had rocker, bumper, frame, and wheel damage.
My front end got mangled and now my hood has big problems with not-opening. My grille won't go back on. The core support has been pushed in. The bumper is basically trashed. The tailgate doesn't drop all the way because it hits the bumper.

After the trip to Moab for Thanksgiving, my bed is dented in multiple places, my stock rear bumper is tweaked and has deep dents, the front bumper has yet more scrapes and holes, the fenders are out of alignment, and the frame horns are scraped and dented.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Davidtaco said:

-David

I try to stay cool about it but it makes me sick to damage the sheetmetal on such an expensive and new truck. That's why I am going to probably sell the Dbl cab to make room for a trail beater, I want to wheel with reckless abandon, is that so wrong?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bryanccfshr said:
I try to stay cool about it but it makes me sick to damage the sheetmetal on such an expensive and new truck. That's why I am going to probably sell the Dbl cab to make room for a trail beater, I want to wheel with reckless abandon, is that so wrong?
i know where ya coming from, but by the time i figured it out i was in 2 deep...LOL So i bought a $300 comuter car, and a newer chevy 3/4 ton for all my truck needs...hehe

-David

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Davidtaco said:

-David
My truck is my daily driver, and body damage is expensive. Is to be expected however, even if you take it easy, doesn't mean I like it though.

I've replaced a door, and lost a front bumper so far, and a few other little micro dents.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i dont go out lookin for it thats for sure. so far ive been fairly lucky and only have 1 small dent on my pass door from a rock thay flew up off my tire. i havent wheeled any real hardcore trails yet though.

bottom line

shit happens, deal with it

:xbeer1:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Davidtaco said:

-David
I dont care about body damage but i do try to take care of my windows, havent busted one....Yet

·
Registered
499 Posts
well it's not my daily so I dont really care to much. I don't try to make it happen but I've had my fair share. I think my next move is a flat bed that will eliminate most of it . The bed seams to be the biggest target.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
doesnt bother me, if something is in my way like a rock or tree and i need to hit it to make it up a i will. usually the bumpers/sliders will help out but hell my truck is dented to hell and back. ill probably fix up the cab when i do my exo/flatbed though and spray the truck some other color.

Davidtaco said:

-David

·
Registered
662 Posts
Davidtaco said:

-David
Like you, I try to avoid it, but when it does happen I don't freak out about it. It is a risk involved with the sport. My dad always gives me shit about "why would you pay that much for your truck and then go beat the crap out of it?" It's not that I'm trying to... However, me and him also drag race, so I look at it the same as if he blew the motor up in the car...it is all part of the risk we take.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Yea I've got an 03 double cab, and its my DD, and i try to keep it as nice and dent free as possible. however, there have been a couple times when i was wheeling where i would rather get a little body damage then go down the side of a hill or soemthing, and so my tailgate is pretty much done due to this.
Zack

·
Registered
294 Posts
Davidtaco said:

-David
Whats body damage?? :rolleyes:
If my doors go back on at the end of the day, Im pretty happy

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have a few dents here and there but primarily my body damage is metal deep scratches across all the panels....i hate those. But i knwo there will always be more so there is no point to fix them. But it is my daily driver and it has to last through college so i try and keep it relatively clean.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
cchark said:
Whats body damage?? :rolleyes:
If my doors go back on at the end of the day, Im pretty happy

ha, thats my take, actually ive had to beat them back in a few times, i always get the WTF do you mess up a 2001 truck for question, hell its a stress relief :D

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
Davidtaco said:

-David

I try not to get it, but if I do, ohh well, and I will say that it is o.k. But then I will probably get home and it will drive me nuts, so I will get it fixed like a retard. So I am hoping to just get the exo on before anything serious happens, but around here the risk of body damage isn't that great...It can happen, but you have to be doing something stupid or just not paying attention at all....

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
AK98Taco said:
I'm starting to not care, hence the signature.
When I went to Moab for the first time in October, I had no body damage. After Hell's Revenge and Cliffhanger, I had rocker, bumper, frame, and wheel damage.
My front end got mangled and now my hood has big problems with not-opening. My grille won't go back on. The core support has been pushed in. The bumper is basically trashed. The tailgate doesn't drop all the way because it hits the bumper.

After the trip to Moab for Thanksgiving, my bed is dented in multiple places, my stock rear bumper is tweaked and has deep dents, the front bumper has yet more scrapes and holes, the fenders are out of alignment, and the frame horns are scraped and dented.

You da man!!!!!! Although I do know your future plans for things like quarter panels and bumpers.......and IFS!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
36 Participants
mandymh
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing