TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! i gotta question for you all out their that have done a 2-3'' body lifts. I just installed a 3'' PA body lift on my 99 tacoma and ran into one problem....

I want to know how to raise up the rear bumper to fix the gap. I flipped and swicth the brackets around and used the top set of holes on the bumper to install it but it sits to high. If i were to open my tail gate like that it would hit the plastic on the top of my bumper and not sit flat.

So my question to you guys is what did you do to raise the rear bumper to fix that problem and did you have to make any mods to the bracket or bumper? Let me know what you guys ended up doin to raise the rear bumper. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I got a 2" body lift and did the same as you just described. Sorry that I cant help but I am just running with no tailgate until I put on a custom bumper. Different mount brackets or a new bumper would make it work.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
just a heads up..this dosent have anything todo with 4x4 tech. I know its confusing seeing that you have an older tacoma and it would seem this is where this belongs....

newbie tech or body mods would have been better for this topic.

also...the search button is your friend...

most people here are to lazy to give quick replys for noobs so they waste their time telling you to search (also bumping post counts)

keep reading, brush off the flaming and learn ya sumpin boy :D ;) :p

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
JacobMc24 said:
Hey guys! i gotta question for you all out their that have done a 2-3'' body lifts. I just installed a 3'' PA body lift on my 99 tacoma and ran into one problem....

I want to know how to raise up the rear bumper to fix the gap. I flipped and swicth the brackets around and used the top set of holes on the bumper to install it but it sits to high. If i were to open my tail gate like that it would hit the plastic on the top of my bumper and not sit flat.

So my question to you guys is what did you do to raise the rear bumper to fix that problem and did you have to make any mods to the bracket or bumper? Let me know what you guys ended up doin to raise the rear bumper. Thanks!
Drill new holes in the bracket to accomidate the lift. Oh, Performanc Accessories suck to most of us. You obviously came here seeking questions after having negative results because no-one here would have reccomended PA body lifts. But like I said before, drill new holes.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
What kind of body lifts are recommended?

4crawler?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
im sure that guy is thinking 4crawler.com

I just made 2 plates that attached to the frame and then the stock brackets attached to the plates 3" higher than the holes in the frame.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i havent done a BL before, but it has been an option. Does anyone have a pic of this bumper space?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
What kind of body lifts are recommended?

4crawler?
of course it is the roger brown body lifts that they would always recommended.. and for great reasons.. Best you can get for a more then fair price. And custom made.. Grade 8 hardware, custom lift size, full size body lift blocks..

·
Registered
597 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
I would order one but dont understand the godamn website? mabey im just an idiot :confused:

:lmao: X2 its a bit confusing i was like what i need a kit a b c d wtf :lmao: i just want a 1" body lift it would be nice if it was set up different im scared to order cause i might get the wrong stuff haha

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Backwoodsboy said:
:lmao: X2 its a bit confusing i was like what i need a kit a b c d wtf :lmao: i just want a 1" body lift it would be nice if it was set up different im scared to order cause i might get the wrong stuff haha
exactley. I emailed him once and he was like "what do you mean? its simple"

You would think simplicity would involve

1. 1" body lift
2. 2" body lift
3. 3" body lift
4. misc brackets etc

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
I would order one but dont understand the godamn website? mabey im just an idiot :confused:
i just looked at... X2

·
Registered
597 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
exactley. I emailed him once and he was like "what do you mean? its simple"

You would think simplicity would involve

1. 1" body lift
2. 2" body lift
3. 3" body lift
4. misc brackets etc
haha yeah i was starin at one chart for a while then i finally thought i had it figured out then i scrolled down to look to see how to buy and there was another damn chart with prices and stuff :eek: and then the stuff i wrote down didnt make sense haha and i wanted to pay with a card then it was somethin on there bout faxin and what not and a 2$ fee so now im waitin forever for paypal :rolleyes: cause i thought it would be the less confusing way, any way i think all i need is a steering spacer and the pucks and maybe grade 8 hardware :lmao:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had the same problem with a 3 inch lift. i just cut off the top plastic and painted the whole thing black. it looks good and functions better. and its just gotta last till i finish my custom bumper. :welder:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah well i figured since it says "Early Tacoma 4x4 tech" which that is what my truck is, that this would be the right place to post it....

Anyways thanks guys for all the info...i think im just gonna re-drill the holes and maybe cut :saw: the top of the plastic if needed. If i woulda' known about the roger brown body lifts i'd probably buy one of those...but i got the pa from a buddy that got it whole sale. thanks again!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
JacobMc24 said:
Yeah well i figured since it says "Early Tacoma 4x4 tech" which that is what my truck is, that this would be the right place to post it....

Anyways thanks guys for all the info...i think im just gonna re-drill the holes and maybe cut :saw: the top of the plastic if needed. If i woulda' known about the roger brown body lifts i'd probably buy one of those...but i got the pa from a buddy that got it whole sale. thanks again!
The good news is you can still order anything seperately from 4-Crawler. That seems to confuse many about Roger's site. I admit, I had to read through his site many times but all his info is interesting enough to read about more than once or even many times. He's a seriously smart guy and there's lots of good information on his site. Now if anyone has any questions about what body lift to get or just pucks or just hardware or any of the stuff he carries, PM me and I think that I can help.
And no, I have no affiliation with him. I just think he has great products and I know he will back them up. I'll try my best to help you get what you need but only what you need.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
bray
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing