TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've had a 3 inch body lift for 6 years now and it seems that the body mounts are cracking on four of the six cab mounts. I am planning on getting a 1 inch polyurethane lift now. Any suggestions on how to repair the damage?

Thanks,
Craig
97 Tacoma Reg Cab 2.7, auto

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've heard of the mounts themselves cracking over a long period of time from the body swaying so much from the body lift, and if thats the case, you need to get some new mounts and weld them on.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
If the pucks are cracking the floor boards, the only way to fix it is to find a very good welder and have them either patch metal plates across the cracks or stitch up the cracks themselves depending on the severity of the cracks

If the pucks are what is cracking, you will need to contact Roger Brown for new pucks. he is the only one that I know of that sells just the pucks themselves.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sorry to threadjack:eek:

Could someone post up Roger Brown's sales contact number and hrs.

His website is blocked from my office and it's the only internet I've got access to right now.

Thanks

Vince

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Sorry to threadjack:eek:

Could someone post up Roger Brown's sales contact number and hrs.

His website is blocked from my office and it's the only internet I've got access to right now.

Thanks

Vince
he doesnt have a phone number, or regular office hours. he operates out of his garage, so hours are whenever he feels like working on stuff.... you can email him htough and he may be able to work something out with you as to a phone number or any of that.... haha, he has a house phone, i saw him on it one day

his email is

r.c.brownATieeeDOTorg

AT in bold above is @
DOT in bold above is .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I went and talked to a good welder today. I have plastic flying up in my cab and I was like what the heck :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
IMO save yourself hassle later on and take of the B/L once you get it fixed. I had mine on for about a year and a half. Its been about 4 days with it off and its great, not to mention the peace of mind about not having a puck come through the body (I know your fixing this), cracking a puck, cracking a frame mount, lower CoG, and the list keeps on growing daily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts