TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed a Roger Brown 2" lift, and since then, I have been hearing a sound, similar to the sound of the fan hitting the shroud before it was removed ;) . It is quieter, but happens when I start from a complete stop, until about 2000 rpm. Only in first gear. It's louder under load. If I accelerate really slowly, it doesn't do it, just with quicker starts from a complete stop. I haven't found anything that may be hitting the fan blades, but I'd like it to stop. Any help?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know with the 1" you remove just the lower fan shroud. With the 2" don`t you have to relocate the radiator by dropping it down some? Look in there and see if the fan is close to hitting the shroud. Most engines will move some when you really get on the gas.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already took out the lower fan shroud. I know that the engine moves a little, its just figuring out what it is moving the fan into! Its not even a lot on the gas. Almost anything more than a "rolling start."

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
You need to lower the radiator. WIth a 2" or mor bl just removing the lower shrowd won't do it. You could also have interference problem s with your coolant hoses if you dond't adjust them:eek: . This is an item that should be fixed imediately.

Drop the radiator 2" and the world will be a happy place.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Peanut Butter said:
I installed a Roger Brown 2" lift, and since then, I have been hearing a sound, similar to the sound of the fan hitting the shroud before it was removed ;) . It is quieter, but happens when I start from a complete stop, until about 2000 rpm. Only in first gear. It's louder under load. If I accelerate really slowly, it doesn't do it, just with quicker starts from a complete stop. I haven't found anything that may be hitting the fan blades, but I'd like it to stop. Any help?
I put a 2" BL on my truck and all I did was remove the lower ring of the shroud. and when I did that The fan shroud hit the fan b/c the shroud on my truck was cracked on the bottom and when i removed the bottom of the ring it bent out towards the fan. The fan would hit it hard. You talk about something that scares the hell out of you. But I glued and braced the shroud back together and its fine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.